Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Memorial Websites

Ice Tiger

Pals

Having spent many enjoyable & many more frustrating hours researching a memorial I "inherited" I decided to publish the results on a website & update it as I went along.

I would like to add a "links to other memorial websites" page but searching on the forum I found the threads for these sites are rather fragmented; there were no lists of researched, or currently being researched, memorial websites I could find so I have decided to start one.

Please be kind enough to post the link to your memorial website on this thread and unless you indicate otherwise I will place a link to it on my website.

To start the list off, here's my effort:

Great War Dead of Addestone Surrey

www.addlestonegreatwardead.com

Many thanks & I look forward to viewing all of your work

Andy

Hi Andy

My site is accessed through my signature.

Regards Doug.

Doug

Sorry but I'm getting the dreaded Capture-1.jpg when I click on the link in your signature

Andy

The Scottish War Memorials Forum here has approximate 2,500 war memorials posted with photographs all at various stages of transcription and research. New memorials and additional information are posted daily. It also has a pretty good links section (with focus on Scotland of course).

\Spoons

I think this is something which might prove to be well placed on the forthcoming Wiki which Chris has mentioned a few times.

Mine is in my signature below....and a very good idea to get these things grouped in one place.

Alan

Some great sites.

I especiay like yours Alan as it's so close to what I am trying to achieve

Well done to all

Andy

Hi Andy,

Good idea to have all these in one place.

Mine is in the signature but to make it easier to cut and past them out if they are going to be put in one place

www.wickford-war-memorial.com

Cheers

Steve

Hi Andy,

I don't know if Cravens Part In the Great War Counts, though we have been to 125 locations in the craven district photographing and recording war Memorials, plaque's, scrolls etc, which can be found on the site.

Regards

Chris

Andy

The Cheltonian fallen of the Great War can be accessed through my signature.

Regards

Jimmy

.....Why no right clicking? I don't get it...

Neil

Someone lifted a whole page, complete with photo's & published it on their Austraian website giving the impression that it was their own work! :angry2:

I have no objection to anyone using the information from my site and am always happy pass it on, all I ask is that they credit me & publish a link to my site. With no right click, if they want it they have to ask.

Hope that explains

Andy

Norman

Interesting to see that you also have an HMS Monmouth man on your site.

Andy

Andy - Yes actually two members of the Monmouth, CREW & HEXTER. I was amazed to find the details which lay behind the simple list of names on the church ROH, when you think that for years they were just names and now we can share with others just a little more of the all to short lives of these men. I suppose that this sentiment is common with all who do such excellent work in "fleshing out" our local history.

Norman

Hi,

You can access details of the memorials I've got listed on my site via my sig. There's no real info, but names & photos of the memorials are there.

Les

Mine through my signature

Some great sites which must have involved a lot of work. Thanks

Keep them comming

Andy