Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

War and Peace starts tomorrow

Max Poilu

For those who have not been before well worth a visit - the largest show of it's kind in the world. Endless militaria stalls, thousands of vehicles and more than a few reenactors. The majority interest is always the Second World War but most other periods, including 14-18 will be included, the militaria takes some digging out though...

http://www.warandpeaceshow.co.uk/index.php...ge&Itemid=2

Pics I took in 2005 below give some idea of what can be seen:

Beltring%202005%20compliation%201.jpg

Beltring%202005%20compliation%202.jpg

I was there in 2005 and it was brilliant. Can I ask the guys who are going there to keep us posted with pictures and reports. Their views bargains, rip offs, fun and anything that is happening for those who cannot make it. You guys did it last year and it was brilliant. perhaps you might do it agian this year?

I hope the weather is good for you, is usually is in beltring but this year may be different.

Kind regards.

Tom.

Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos with us, especially the one of the German Soldiers. Of particular interest is the fat one second on the left. Strange shape that, all the ones on the free World at War DVDs seem to be much thinner. Really makes me wonder were these peoples heads are at in actually wanting to dress and parade in this uniform. Strange isn’t it? Oh! and was that the SS runes I see on the back of the motorbike, no doubt you will correct me if I am wrong. Forgive me as I am new to the forum but with the exception of a couple of pictures, what has this to do with WW1?

Norman

Forgive me as I am new to the forum but with the exception of a couple of pictures, what has this to do with WW1?

Well as above, most of the vehicles/reenactors will be post 14-18 but you will find also find displays including reenactors, vehicles, equipment etc covering 'our' favourite period, in addition there are literally hundreds of militaria stalls amongst which the collectors here will find something of interest from the Great War.

As for the gentlemen that enjoy dressing in SS atire - it puzzles quite a few and many ask the question "Why?" - guess you will have to ask them...

Regardless, it is an incredible show that anyone with any military interest will surely find worth visiting as I am sure others can testify.

The other big show at Detling has more 14-18 re-enactors usually.

Detling pics

Tom, not taking any pics this year but I will be there first thing tomorrow and let you know what is there in terms of 14-18 interest.

Hallo seadog

If you take the time and trouble to search for pictures taken in WW2 you will find "FAT" Germans, British, Belgian, or what ever race, "FAT" is not only a reflection of overeating but also a genetic disorder. (Some of the South German country types are big-boned and well fed as well.)

If people want to dress as Ss types then thats their right most members of these re-enactment groups do not follow the party line, for them its the chance to represent a part of history, after all you cannot say they were not in exsistence.If you decide to have a ban on Ss members, what then ban the German representation from WW2 re-enactment, what next, ban the WW2 soviets?? Delete all reference from the history books.

Connaught Stranger :D

Interesting pics, though I'm always slightly wary of people who enjoy dressing up as SS soldiers! I'm not sure what the role of the cat suited girls is?

I'm not sure what the role of the cat suited girls is?

Who cares :rolleyes: ? Hope they are there this yr.

The 'cat suit' girls were representing a highly popular re-enactment period...

...that of early 21st century insurance company advertising.

:blush:

And they were followed wherever they went!

Will be there in the usual location over the next five days - hope to see some of you there. Let's hope we get some good weather...

The 'cat suit' girls were representing a highly popular re-enactment period...

And they were followed wherever they went!

You suprise me,Max :rolleyes: .

I'll take me camera.

Also,it'll be fun to see which Belgian seller the cops pull this year :D .Always a lottery.

Who cares :rolleyes: ? Hope they are there this yr.

Excuse me, thats my wife and mistress you're talking about. They were rushing off too find me, because they missed me soooo much!

Then I woke up!

It was far too early, well before the dream should of ran its natural course :blush:

Can't go back this year as the Judge decreed, one divorce and the fact I've re-mortgaged several times to pay for my items I'd purchased in previous years, this was going to be one too much!

Forgot to add one minor detail :rolleyes:

Johnson Beharry VC will be signing his book in the Victory Marquee on Sat afternoon (21/07/07).

Or so its rumoured!

Tom (and others :))

Same old Beltring - hot as ever, endless surplus, old faces, rare glimpses of 14-18 militaria, thousands of military vehicles.

In short, fantastic!

And just for our friend Seadog (aka Norman) dozens of overweight gentlemen in full Nazi uniforms...

Max?????

you see any decent smelly's?

I'm there on friday but they're all I'm after really.

Dave.

SMLE? Loads about as always - did not look closely but buyer beware of course these days, many a 'bitsa' to catch the unwary. Back tomorrow, will have a look more closely if possible.

Good weather at the event today; lots of people about - more than ever - and I will try and post some photos tomorrow.

Ok mate - we don't have a coach this year, and we are between Kitchener's bar and the Miller Tent. Look out for the Willies Jeep and camo net.

...Look out for the Willies Jeep and camo net.

Ahhh, that will be the green one will it?! Not many of those about then at War and Peace...

:lol:

And "Willies"?!?

Willys.

Quite like the first one though being a Land Rover nut. ;)

Enjoyed the day, good to see you Paul. Hope to get back over the weekend if I can get permission....

Amused by the fallschirmjager who was wider than he was tall. Didn't think the doors of JU52s were that wide! I can just imagine what my first RSM - a Welsh Guardsman - would have said about some of them....