Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Have we lived before?

AthollHighlander

I apologise if this has been raised before and I'm just playing the devils advocate but..

Why? do we hold such a close bond to so many men who went through so many ordeals and displayed so much endurance that is only scratched in this forum?

I remember telling my mother I'd lived before and had been a sportsman and she replied "Maybe you have lived before! but if you have you were in the military" referring to my obsession with military affairs by absorbing books on the subject (I was around 14 and wanted to play for a certain football club, I was gutted!!)

Does any other pal feel a bond to the past that is more than interest? and if so why? Do you ever feel something you're too embarassed to share? or is it just our absorption and knowledge of the period? I was a boy at the time of my innocent question but it got me thinking.

Hope I'm not considered ghoulish.

Atholl

I think it's probably simply because we are enthusiasts for the the subject. Personnally, I have no beliefs in the supernatural but accept that many others do.

John

it is pure fantasy---you are nothing but a piece of flesh and bone, you are no different when dead than the meat in the butchers shop, the animals insects and organisms that feed on your remains when dead, see you as no different than any other animal, because you arent-------the lived before thing is your imagination, and if you believe it, you will make money for others with crystal balls, and garbage books on the subject

Atholl, you never know! (And neither do these other guys). And it`s nice to scan through a list of casualties and to wonder "Which one might I have been"! Phil B

Quite interesting newspaper articles and BBC TV series concerning Jonathan Miller's case for atheism over the last few weeks.

Although I keep an open mind on the subject, he & others argued death was analogous to birth in that we come from nothing and similarly pass back into nothingness when we die.

I also wonder how that tallies with an increasing global population: does it happen on a time-share basis, and are we restricted to our present nationalities, and could we have had a very mundane or short life with no historical resonance? :P

Ricardo

I dont actually know what would merit proof, but these arguments/discussions are so predictable, becuse when somebody comes out with something shall we say outragious, people like me say well, show me some proof, and then they say, well you prove that i am not telling the truth, then the nightmare begins, and i reach for my gun and shoot him ( sounds like another thread ) so he can tell me, when he is reborn who he was before---do you follow ??? neither do i, and i wish i hadnt started this post, so i am going now ;)

I have never believed in any brand of religious or other-worldly faith. And faith is the word. You believe it because you believe it and proof becomes conveniently irrelevant. Nevertheless, I have always felt if others derived comfort or morality from such beliefs, it was not for me to oppose them. Thus, although believing in disbelief, I felt a bit diffident about it and did nothing to assert or promote disbelief. Until now. People like Bin Laden, Bush and Blair have changed my mind. I have at last realised that faith-holders have not been offering me the tolerance that I accorded them. I think less of them for it and I, a dedicated non-joiner in the Groucho Marx class, have just joined the Secular Society. I think it is time to be more positive and less apologetic about not believing in faiths.

I think it's probably simply because we are enthusiasts for the the subject. Personnally, I have no beliefs in the supernatural but accept that many others do.

John

I'm with John on this one. The same overall "argument" could be had when it comes to ghosts or UFOs.

Personally, I believe in UFO's but not ghosts.... silly really. but it's only because I believe we are not alone (as the old saying goes).

That's my two bobs worth... I'm staying out of it now :ph34r:

Les.

My honest opinion just being serious for a moment. Ever since time began all around the world people have worshipped if that is the word gods, mainly from superstition that if they didnt or do certain things, then basically all bad things would happen. Today we call that Pagan stuff, then other religions come along and ridicule all that by saying their god is better etc, etc, usually because it gives the chance for certain people to rule and dominate the rest of us, and make money. Is the fact that people say they have lived before on the same lines, people make money out of it, some people go around saying they can talk to the dead, and have followers who swear that they can, but you have to disprove them, and of course we cant. All i know is that if any one of us invented a story today, somebody else would say they same thing has happened to them tomorrow, look at that David Icke bloke, we think he is barking, he is actually laughing all the way to the bank

David Icke, the turquoise shell-suit-wearing former sports reporter for South Today (southern England regional news).

I have looked at his website on several occasions. Did you know that Clinton is a lizard-humanoid? There was a convincing illustration proving this categorically on one of his webpages.

There is also a New World Order, run by Lizards, who feast on blood and abuse children. Apparently, the British Royal Family and all the presidents of the USA are of common stock, and seeking to impose Lizard domination of the world through Anglo-American hegemony. I recall he was barred from entering Canada some years back because of his unorthodox views: the pull of the Mother Country and our 'Lizard' Queen influencing our cousins' actions, perchance?

Now, I wonder whether the French, Germans and Russians had some reason to oppose the Anglo-American (and Australian) Iraq War other than the risk of losing their past investments? Perhaps they realised that it was the first step towards fulfilling The Icke Prophecy?

Ricardo

Interesting topic.

Being a 'believer' as such, all that I can hope for is to be convinved at the time of my demise that there is something afterwards.

My beliefs before this time would not be important, only my conviction at the point of death that there is an afterlife, just enough to get me through it and then I can

laugh at all the disbelievers wondering what they are doing in such a place after they croak.

A saddo.

Tom.

But no matter how fantastic his stories sound Richard, he has a huge following, people believe him, he makes money out of it, and of course no body can disprove him----clever innit---------what the hell have you been doing looking at his website Richard, you slimy long tailed pink eyed wartyskinned insect eating hela monster, tell you the truth when the light catches your avatar in just the right way.....................................

I just thought he might still be doing the Saturday evening football results...

... and all I found was this:

Lizards 1 World 0

:blink:

I am not sure if I have lived before. 99.99% of the time I do not believe any such thing, but a few years back I had a recurring nightmare that I or some very close to me had murdered someone (back in Civil War days or around that period going by the dress), it felt so real the feeling of guilt but then I would come to my sences and think hang on a min I've never killed anyone in my live, I feel guilty when I've killed animals by accident. But that feeling of guilt was so real :ph34r: .

Also I used to draw Great War soldiers, and people would ask draw a picture of my little Joey or their pet but these drawings were never as good as my soldiers. Many a time I look at my soldiers and I think did I really do them or did some soul do them working through me, :blink: or is it a case that modern stuff just does not do it for me and that my respect of these men that risked theirs for a better future is so great.

Annette

David Icke, the turquoise shell-suit-wearing former sports reporter for South Today (southern England regional news).

Also former goalkeeper for Hereford United! And to bring it back on track...he had enough shots fired at him in that position to feel he was in the trenches!

No comment on the reincarnation theories.

If you’re intrigued by or just interested in David Icke, I urge you to read Them: Adventures with Extremists, by Jon Ronson. (Picador 2002, ISBN 0-330-37546-6)It’s about his interviews with a selection of fanatics, extremists and paranoid people, attempting to uncover the Truth. There’s a lot on Lizards and Lizards, twelve foot lizard men and various deluded shadowy others whom I won’t mention cos they’re political.

It’s funny, disturbing, analytical, chilling and completely readable.

Gwyn

I am not sure if I have lived before. 99.99% of the time I do not believe any such thing, but a few years back I had a recurring nightmare that I or some very close to me had murdered someone (back in Civil War days or around that period going by the dress), it felt so real the feeling of guilt but then I would come to my sences and think hang on a min I've never killed anyone in my live, I feel guilty when I've killed animals by accident. But that feeling of guilt was so real :ph34r: .

I won't say too much because the person in question is a member of this forum and can speak for themselves, or not, as the case may be.

I know of someone who was hypnotised and "regressed". If I have the story right they then claimed to be a certain person who was killed in WW1.

This was long before the CWGC records were online. The dead soldier was nobody well known. However, when it was checked out, a person of that name, with the details they gave was killed in WW1.

Beats me.

Steve i honestly dont want to put a downer on things, but when you start saying evidence-scientific--measurable--mathematical---If the gumpf was that clear cut then surely it would be in our faces everyday, but i aint seen anything like that, and you are making some serious s--t statements there. Could you let the rest of us into some of the stuff you are on about

Nigel,

I'm pretty much with you on this one. I think that people confuse empathy with a subject with something else which is hairy fairy. I spend a lot of time studying family and local history projects as I do WW1 subjects, all are intertwined. However at no time do I feel I have lived before. I do however know where I have come from and "interact" mentally to understand the times and conditions which to me is very revealing. This isn't ouija board stuff it is just the result of knowledge and interest and must not get in the way of facts. Research must be emotionless in some respects otherwise it becomes dodgy.

Roop

I mean, even the 'best selling book in the world' has a ref' to it; 'Before I was John, I was Elija' or something i believe it reads (sorry if Im misquoting & misspelling guys...). Old Emporer Constantine missed that bit didnt he? Ooops

On this bit Steve you come across like a Jehova who gets a bible out and stands there and reads a double meaning into every sentance and leaves people scratching their heads, if you are going to come out with scientific FACTS, dont start quoting the bible, You arent David Icke are you ???????? sorry couldnt resist that one

i am not doubting what you have just wrote how accurate all that stuff is and if it works i havent a clue but you said evidence and everybody here is waiting for evidence that we or somebody has lived before, not whether blue is our lucky colour, on tues afternoon at 5 past 6