Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Skipman

Thanks for the link Mike. That face stayed with me all these years, instant recall. It was through this forum that I found out that it came from IWM photo Q1. I now have a huge copy on my wall.

Mike,

One of the privileges,or not,is the ability to be computer literate and attach, to this Forum, WW1 Films which we now know acknowledges a moment in time but in no way records the reality of life,for the majority of the men who were there.

The Censor rules.

George

Mike,

One of the privileges,or not,is the ability to be computer literate and attach, to this Forum, WW1 Films which we now know acknowledges a moment in time but in no way records the reality of life,for the majority of the men who were there.

The Censor rules.

George

Hi George. I have to admit to never having watched the entire series. Once I have posted it, I will watch them all. Thanks for, as usual, making me think about what I am doing. I would be very grateful for more views on the series. I have only ever heard of the series mentioned in glowing terms, and have never heard critisism of it. I'm sure it must have dated? It is wonderful, to see the Great War veterans in the flesh ( as it were ) There was a documentary, I saw some time ago, on the making of the series, which was very interesting. I cannot find it on-line.

Cheers Mike