Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

1901 & 1911 Irish Census.

Duncan

Anyone know if there's a searchable online site for the Irish census (like there is for Wales, England & Channel Islands)? Im trying to find a Charles Perry born Cork on 21 Mat 1881.

Cheers,

Duncan.

I don't know about Cork.

What I can say is that there is no national source of either the 1901 or 1911 census.

There have been some individual projects to put some of the county censuses on the web, but no national source. I'm not sure if there are any Cork census sites.

By the way, where is the 1901/1911 English, Welsh and Scottish data available?

I have most of Kildare Barracks transcribed for 1911 - royal field artillery, if anyone is interested.

Most libraries in Ireland have their own census on microfilm.

Mark

Anyone know if there's a searchable online site for the Irish census (like there is for Wales, England & Channel Islands)?  Im trying to find a Charles Perry born Cork on 21 Mat 1881.

Cheers,

Duncan.

Hello Duncan,

Since when did the Irish or Scots give anything away for nothing? I'm afraid there is precious little online other than what you might find rooting about. As with National Archives in England, you will have to do a search yourself or have somebody do it for you. Try Parish records or local family history to start with. If I can be of any help give me a shout.

Kind regards,

Ken

1911 census data is not yet available. There have been previous discussions about this on the forum.

The NA site gives access to England & Wales 1901. For Scottish census records, go to http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

I was advised that there was free access to the England and Welsh 1901 census' until the end of the month through www.ancestry.co.uk. I have registered and been given a user name and password. But I cannot get at the detailed information. I can find a name and other family members in the same household but when I try and get an address or occupation I hit the "subscription" window. At no point have I been asked for a password SO WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

Jim

I think the free offer excludes viewing of the original images. You can search all the indices, check out family members, etc., but that's about it. Fields such as address and occupation are not held within the indices; you have to see the image to get this information.

Happy to check out any for you and send you the images. PM me with details, including an email address and I'll get them across to you.

Jim

I think the free offer excludes viewing of the original images. You can search all the indices, check out family members, etc., but that's about it. Fields such as address and occupation are not held within the indices; you have to see the image to get this information.

Happy to check out any for you and send you the images. PM me with details, including an email address and I'll get them across to you.

Stephen, Your offer is very generous and much appreciated but I have far too many to trouble you with. But what I am getting from www.ancestry.co.uk is no more than I have always been able to get from the National site. There must be more to it otherwise what is the point of giving out user names and passwords if they are not used in some way?