Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Cungella Camp Durban South Africa 1916

themonsstar

I have a photo album from the 29 Motor Ambulance Convoy in German East Africa some of the photos are off cungella camp. Any info would be a great help. cheers Roy themonsstar.

roy,kondoa is your man for info,hes up on african stuff,bernard.

keep going mate your on a roll,you,ll be a rear admiral in the burma navy at this rate,you got a good result on that german postcard,some very knowledgable folks on here dont you think,by the way,no need to salute me,i got my rank for rabbiting too much.ime off for a beer,catch you later.

roy,kondoa is your man for info,hes up on african stuff,bernard.

keep going mate your on a roll,you,ll be a rear admiral in the burma navy at this rate,you got a good result on that german postcard,some very knowledgable folks on here dont you think,by the way,no need to salute me,i got my rank for rabbiting too much.ime off for a beer,catch you later.

Bernard Thank you the Drinks are on me cheers Roy

Roy,

Congella Camp was on the outskirts of Durban but there is also a Congella Park in Durban, I suspect this is a picture of the former. I am away from the cave at the moment but will check what I have on 29 MAC when I get home in the coming weeks.

Would be interested in seeing more pictures if possible.

Roop

Hi Roop

Landing cattle at Lindi

Sgt Southern at Masasi Hospital

German 4.1 gun distroyed

A few of the boys at Naruise

Masasi mission Hospital

the remains of the origanal coy at Kisswani

German 4.1 gun outside ? Helada or Holatada

Coronia at Kisswani Kilua

Gold coast Regt bathing at Lind

German 4.1 gun outside Mtama

Just some of the photos from Sgt Southern little Kodak neg book 36 in total all named he rejoin in 1915 ex boar war vet with the Earl of Chester's Yeomany he was on the Lord Derby Scheme. On the 6th of April 1916 he started hes trg at the depot on the 2nd of May he was made up to Sgt on the 19th June 1916 hes unit 29 MAC ASC embarked for East Africa. I will send them to you when i get back from leave cheers Roy