Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

SECOND SOUTHERN QUEEN VICTORIA AUXILIARY HOSPITAL - BRISTOL

Seadog

Can anyone throw more light on the following Hospital, In particuler its location. Many thanks

SECOND SOUTHERN QUEEN VICTORIA AUXILIARY HOSPITAL - BRISTOL

post-21884-1189445442.jpg

SEADOG.

I am a BRISTOLIAN,though not a old as your picture.From memory this hospital was at the top of Blackboy Hill,it looked out across the Downs,as we call DURDHAM DOWNS.It became a maternity haspital after the second war.I used to walk past this buildind most days as I worked very close to it.Unfortunatly not only has the building in which I worked has been demolished,but also has the hospital building.

I do hope this has been of some help.Pleaseask more if you do need more information.

CHEERS FOR NOW.

JOHN FLOOK.

Hi J.R.F I am also a Bristolian and I thank you for the info. This postcard will be added to a set in respect of Tom Wiltshire of the 1/6 Glosters, the items of which I am lucky to have before they are gifted to the Soldiers of Gloucestershire Museum.

Norman

NORMAN

What an archive,fantastic,.Would it be posible to have copies?My research is ,at the moment ,into the Briastol roll of Honour.I have some 5,000 soldiers on the roll but this chap is not one of them.Eventually I want to TRY to make a complete list of Bristol boys and girls that fought and fell.Your information puts flesh on the bones,as it were.

The picture of the victoria hospital that you started the thread with.In one of Reece Winstons books<i am sure you will be familiar with,has a picture and some information on.This again is from memory.

Are you a member of W.F.A.? there is a local branch that meets once a month in the BRITISH LEGION at KINGSWOOD.The nexxt meeting is next wednesday.You would be VERY WELCOME.Unfortunatly I will not be there this mont as I am on holiday in Scotland.But PLEASE come along if you can they would all like to meet you and will make you very welcome.

WELL CHEERS FOR NOW.

JOHN FLOOK.

John, of course you can have copies, take them from the Flickr site - click on the "all sizes" icon top left then choose the size you want and download to your PC. I was a member of the WFA but could not make the meetings very often. I have however tried to expand on my local church Roll of Honour here in Windmill Hill. If you would like to see this click on the following:-

http://stmichael.instabook.com/rollhon.htm

Norman

PS I still have a fair amount to upload so please keep looking!

• spof changed the title to SECOND SOUTHERN QUEEN VICTORIA AUXILIARY HOSPITAL - BRISTOL