Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Driffield

Simon R

Guest Alshiebob

I am the 2nd granddaughter of Cecil Grantham and 2nd daughter of Peter Grantham, I am interested in obtaining more information about my grandfather, who was raised my father as his child along his biological son Cecil Grantham who did not join the army. I would like to create a fuller picture my grandfathers experiences in the war and his exploits and successes as an archeologist and butcher after the war as result of him being responsible for the horses of the senior officers, he eventually had to slaughter of them for food and he found archeological artifacts finds during the trench digging and used all these skills after the war to create a fantastic family business and some what secret collerton of fossils and Roman artifacts...I saw his very extensive and awesome collection as a young child in his out house in a fantastic dresser with wide pull out cabinet draws with glass protection to view and believe I it is not all at the museum you speak of and may still be being horder. ..my grandfather was a remarkable man who traded meat supplies from his shop and cut hair, to survive after the war and he also enabled a water and electricity supply to the local area he lived in.He had extraordinary life useful life after the war despite the brutality and hardship in the trenches and on the battle field.If anyone can help,or provide me with information I would be greatfull. .

Thanks for reading..