Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

PRIVATE/CPL JOHN REID 10366 2ND BATT ROYAL SCOTS FUSILIERS

warby

Hi 

I wonder if anyone can help 

I am researching Private/Corp John Reid 10366 2nd Batt Royal Scots Fusiliers who was killed in action on the 17/5/1915 he was awarded the DCM for his actions at Neuve Chappelle in March 1915, i have found the Gazette entry for this award,but according to a relative of His he was also awarded the Cross of St George 4th Class, but i can't seem to find any record of this, 

any Help would be appreciated

thanks

Russ

1 hour ago, warby said:

but according to a relative of His he was also awarded the Cross of St George 4th Class, but i can't seem to find any record of this, 

His entry in the Soldiers Died in the Great War database shows the award. (image courtesy of Find My Past)

Reid_10366.jpg

• Michelle Young changed the title to PRIVATE/CPL JOHN REID 10366 2ND BATT ROYAL SCOTS FUSILIERS

Hi Allan1892,

thanks for coming back to me, i can't find a date for his award of the Russian ST George 4th Class, is there a website that shows the details etc

thanks 

Russ

Sorry, I have been in your position before -- I can not find any documentation (e.g. registers / medal rolls) for this award despite on / off searches over the years.