Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Hon. Lieut. Quarter-Master William Beck DCM 1st KRRC

medalmaniac

I likewise have Becks papers and medical record, thanks to the good offices of Andy Stiletto who kindly dug them out for me and passed them on, presumably to you also. This at least brings the topic to a satisfactory close as to the circumstances of the gallant William Beck's  death, which was my original question. So again many thanks to all who pitched in on the enquiry, it's much appreciated.

PS I.ve always anticipated that Beck would have been part of the Warren Hastings debacle but couldn't pin down which Company he belonged to.

PPS Bradford WW1 ROH Research Group - great people - sent me a nice photograph of Lieut. Q/M Beck's grave - pity the original stone mason omitted DCM after his name!

Leslie

If you have his papers, I'm puzzled as to why you think Beck died of influenza?

Please don’t be taxed with puzzlement concerning William Beck’s cause of death

Sequence…

I posted the straight forward query

You then immediately asked Stiletto to dig out Becks papers at PRO which he passed to you before he passed them to me.

In the interim I contacted Bradford WW1 Reasearch Group who put forward  the suggestion re Influenza which I thought to be plausible and put forward as a possibility to the Forum

Subsequent to dickering as to Lieut. - Honorary Quartermater or Honorary Lieut. - Quartermaster, Beck’s papers came to hand and his actual cause of death published

Put forward my thanks to all concerned.

So I’m puzzled that you’re puzzeled in view of the fact that you had Becks papers before me?

Took a lot of dickering to reach that conclusion though didn't it - but there you go - thats what a Forum is all about - friendly discourse and coming up with the correct form?

Medalmaniac