Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Redmond Barton Cafferata - Military Intelligence

Braindead

My great-grandfather left some 200 documents from his Great War service in MI1©. I have photographed or scanned them & I'd like to upload them so that any interested parties could look at them. Where would be best to make the scans available?

I have Windows 7 and placed my external link on skydrive.

See Limited Edition Book 71st&83rd M.T.R.A.S.C. starting post 41

I have also used free photobucket for external links on GWF

MN

My great grandfather's name was Redmond Barton Cafferata and he took up a commission in the RNVR in 1916. He was attached to Military Intelligence and was posted first to Switzerland and then, in 1918, to Greece. Hopefully, this link: http://sdrv.ms/WGwtrL should take you to a Windows Skydrive page with the documents that he passed to me. (I found it easier to make a public folder in Skydrive than Dropbox!). There is a sub-folder within the Skydrive page with a PDF which gives an account of his war service. I'd be grateful if the members could let me know if the folder is accessible, and any other thoughts about access. Michael Smith, in his 2010 book "Six" referred to the papers and transcribed one of them "Instructions for Agents" in an appendix.

I cannot make head or tails of this, I tried a GWF test link to my skydrive test folder.

I copied the skydrive code and pasted it into the GWF link box.

This was blue as in links that can be opened up. This was before I posted it. So at this stage all looked OK.

On posting, the skydrive link did not remain blue but turned black as in post 8 by skipman.

Thereby you now cannot click onto the link to skydrive.

I never had a problem before on another thread.

MN

PS I have tried two tests/posts before this post and have deleted them

Spooks somewhere still keeping an eye on things, even secrets 100 years old?

cheers Martin B