Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

12th Btn Kings Liverpool Regt

timberwood

Can anyone help in my quest, I am trying to get any information on my Great Uncle 14811 Sergeant Arthur Parker 12th Kings Liverpool Regiment.

He was killed in action Tuesday 1st May 1917 at I think Havrincourt Wood, I have gleaned a little information from other forum members as to his M.I.C and that the 20th Light Div were there at the time. But I would really like any help on how he died, any entries in War diaries and mentions about him.

It seems strange to me that he was killed during what was alull in the battle, when the Battalion was regrouping and trench digging. And that there is next to nothing of his death recorded, he has no known grave, just remembered on the Thiepval memorial.

Has anyone got any info, photos, official records of what might of happend to him or whether any bodies have been found, etc etc.

I would be grateful of anything that would complete my search on my Family member and aid me to fulfil my Military records of my Family.

I can be contacted direct on sam@body-concepts.net

Many many Thanks

Geoff

He was from Leyland in Lancs - a local paper might have some info on him

Not unusual to be killed in a "lull" - snipers and artillery where still active for example