Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Trench Fever by Christopher Moore

Stephen Barker

This is a really enjoyable book to read - a blend of contemporary life, military history, geneology - all written from a perspective from which many of us can relate. If I'm in need of reminding that I'm not the only obsessive interested in the great war then I regularly turn here. What do you think?? :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Stephen,

Only just seen this,sorry for late reply. I too think this book is great. I can really relate to the author, especially things like looking at old houses and wondering who lived in them during the war, did they fight, were they killed etc. And talking to (or at!) people about the war when they're not really interested. And yes it's nice to know you're not the only one whose interest in the war borders on the obsessive!

• 11 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Great read - following the meanderings of Walter Butterworth's movements and likely ones.Having just seen a picture of the celebrations at Riqueval Bridge (Incidently is there a copy of it on the forum) at the breakthrough in 1918 I was pleased to read that Walter was in this vicinity at the time of the attack. Sorry about the delay on this review but am new to the forum and the literature on WW1. And Trench Fever is good literature and I cannot give it better praise than that.

I thoroughly enjoyed the volume - it's one borne out of a family interest and written by a knowledgeable chap against an interesting background.

I remember visiting Chris to get my volume signed and collect some other books I bought from him at the time.