Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The Royal British Legion Bikers Branch

Derek Robertson

I've just read about this new group in the Motorcycle News - it sounds very interesting:

Royal British Legion Bikers Branch

“Riders” is a new National Branch of The Royal British Legion, which was established at an inaugural meeting held at the Legion’s Cheltenham Branch on Saturday 27 November 2004. The Branch is for anyone who has an interest in motorcycling whether they ride or not and as one of the Legion`s "National" branches, membership will be open to everyone regardless of abode.

There are already over One Hundred branch members from as far apart as Devon, Scotland, Guernsey, Spain, and Germany, all brought together by their love of motorcycling and a desire to belong to and support the Legion. Branch members will be able to affiliate to the Legion in their local area.

The Riders Branch is keen to attract motorcyclists and supporters from throughout the UK and further afield who would enjoy comradeship, social activities and supporting the important work of the Legion among the ex-Service community.

All members are encouraged to play an active role within the branch at Local and National level, with the emphasis on being pro-active in getting together with other branch members in their geographical area.

Thanks for this link, Derek. I'm very impressed by the big, big badge - well worth the membership fee by itself! I think I might join.

Tom

I was impressed by it too!

Do you think that if we wore it - card drivers would see us any better? :angry:

Now that's asking a lot. Mind you, if you had a black jacket and a white helmet, that badge would make you look like a motorcycle policeman. So you could follow them for a minute or two by way of revenge.

Tom