Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Baden Powell Lucas 2/KOSB under age

matthew lucas

Hi,

my great uncle Baden a ww2 RAF veteran we have been told by a heighbour for years served at the end of the war, he was born in October 1900. A service record survives that shows he served in 2 KOSB, that is clear, he only served from april to sep 1919. However on the record where it states he has previously served but i can t read exactly what, it states he has served

I can t upload the service paper but can e mail it, if anyone thinks they can suggest anything

i spoke to his daughter today, she said he did indeed join up earlier under age but was found out and dischsrged so it may be true. It looks like V.B. Arr j . Jhats something like that, any ideas?

matt

i can e mail it to any one interested

Thats the one, yes it looks like vb but then im not sure, wonder what the rest says?

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Thought id flag this up. His daughter is convinced he joined up under age, then 2 KOSB in 1919, what do folks feel he served in beforehand ?

he said to me he served in the war, we knew he served in the RAF in ww2 but had no idea he had served in the Great War, i just smiled and the conversation moved on when told me, the only time he mentioned it to me, would be nice to find out what he was in

so any ideas would be great

matt