Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Red Cross activities for POW's overseas

lancashire

Evening,

This link is quite extraordinary the topic title just is one of the many, it goes into the difficulty of establishing Red Cross care in the central powers, Europe and beyond to the extent even telegrams are included, the sections are separate and can be pdf'd.

Other aspects are touch on neutral powers, there is an index as well.

http://digicoll.library.wisc.edu/cgi-bin/FRUS/FRUS-idx?id=FRUS.FRUS1916Supp

The Red Cross particularly the American Red Cross part I read is in largely in other problems and responsibilities

J

Thanks for posting the link J,

I started reading some of it last night, got hooked and ended up downloading the pdfs. I saved them, merged them into a single PDF and ran OCR text recognition on it, although it took a while being so big. I just tested it this morning and woks a treat. I can run word searches through it now.

Seaforths,

Morning, I downloaded as individual pdf's and just looked at the index by tiopic far too large to download, quite an array of events, trades, deals, be it on neutral terms, collusion or whatever.

Out of interest what period on the Seaforth's do you delve into, I have another relative who was 72nd and he was serving when the 1st came to be, lets say 1881 era, by then he was a major, he continued to serve dying approx. 1910.

Seaforths,

Morning, I downloaded as individual pdf's and just looked at the index by tiopic far too large to download, quite an array of events, trades, deals, be it on neutral terms, collusion or whatever.

Out of interest what period on the Seaforth's do you delve into, I have another relative who was 72nd and he was serving when the 1st came to be, lets say 1881 era, by then he was a major, he continued to serve dying approx. 1910.

Hello J,

I'm mainly researching WW1 relatives but I have been researching some of the extended family and found that they had pre-war service and there seems to have been a history in one branch of the family with early Seaforth service. I have just started looking at one man who was serving at age 15 in India, as a band boy. That, by my reckoning would have been 1880/1881 and he died a Captain in 1918.

Seaforth's,

Morning, I am going to open a new topic "The Seaforth Highlanders the early years", in the text I am asking for information in is 1881 onwards, our relations must surely have been there together and some of where my relative was your must have been there too!

Seaforth's,

Morning, I am going to open a new topic "The Seaforth Highlanders the early years", in the text I am asking for information in is 1881 onwards, our relations must surely have been there together and some of where my relative was your must have been there too!

Whoops! Just seen this after posting on your new thread.