Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

C410 Pte S Ball 16th KRRC

Mark Abbott

I have acquired the MM to C 410 Pte S Ball 16th KRRC. He received the award in 1916, but unfortunately, the KRRC Chronicle does not pin point the particular action. Does anyone have acess to the War Diary (i Have checked The Long, Long Trail) or any info on the 16th Battalion?

Samuel Ball, who was from Wigan,was killed on the 24 March 1918 and is buried at Ypres Reservoir Cemetery.

Any help most welcome.

Mark Abbott

Hi Mark

Just seen your post. I have some sections of the war diary which I will check when I get home (at work at present) also some info on the 16th Battalion as my Dad served in it between 1914 to 1919. Will post again later today.

Bob Pearson

Melbourne

Hello again Mark

The attached word is some info on the 16th Battalion. I cannot claim authorship so if the author reads it please take credit. Once I sort through my disorganised files I will be able to find more. I am also sure that there are many members of this forum who can contribute more. I have the war diarys up to April 4th 1916, just had a quick look but could see no mention of Samuel Ball.

Bob Pearson

Melbourne

• 1 month later...

Hello :D

I was able to download the war records for the 16th KRRC from the documents online section of www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Unfortunately, I only downloaded upto 1917 but I'm certain that later diaries are available.

Hope this helps.

Tincie

• 3 years later...
I have acquired the MM to C 410 Pte S Ball 16th KRRC. He received the award in 1916, but unfortunately, the KRRC Chronicle does not pin point the particular action. Does anyone have acess to the War Diary (i Have checked The Long, Long Trail) or any info on the 16th Battalion?

Samuel Ball, who was from Wigan,was killed on the 24 March 1918 and is buried at Ypres Reservoir Cemetery.

Any help most welcome.

Mark Abbott

Ball received the MM for High Wood action on 15/7/16. Have picture if wished.

Hi there

I too have done research on this man, i would be interested in a photo, could you pm me, and i will send back with my address

Nick

• 3 years later...

Have you pinpointed what the MM was for yet?

I

Any help most welcome.

Mark Abbott