Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Canadian War Cemetery Cliveden

muckandbullets

Visited Canadian War Cemetery Cliveden the other day and took eleven pictures followed by an external link to the names of the deceased. Apologise if I am still not getting these uploads right. Will paste first one only and see what happens

(1)Entrance board before descending down steps to cemetery.

ClivedenCanadianCemetery1_zps04f597b5.jp

(2)The plaque at one end

ClivedenCanadianCemetery9-Copy_zpsaafcf3

(3)The plaque

ClivedenCanadianCemetery5-Copy_zps4b9a12

(4)&(5)(6)(7)Try Four more of the plaque on same post

ClivedenCanadianCemetery4-Copy_zps0d5226

ClivedenCanadianCemetery6-Copy_zps52de63

ClivedenCanadianCemetery3-Copy_zps91dc2d

ClivedenCanadianCemetery7-Copy_zpse091cb

(8)ClivedenCanadianCemetery2-Copy_zps551c9c

(9)Opposite end to plaque

ClivedenCanadianCemetery8-Copy_zps9d27be

Photographs of the memorial tablets set in the grass and research on the casualties can be seen on our website at www.buckinghamshireremembers.org.uk

Hope this might add some extra details.

June

Photographs of the memorial tablets set in the grass and research on the casualties can be seen on our website at www.buckinghamshireremembers.org.uk

Hope this might add some extra details.

June

Thank you June I'll check it out.

Thank you for photographing and posting these.

John

Your Welcome John, thank you Canada for fighting with the Allies.

If you want to see the engraved named gravestones go to post 6 of June Underwood to her link "Buckinghamshire Remembers" click onto memorials "Cliveden War Cemetery" then click onto one of the deceased, there the record is indicated, click onto the name in blue on the record and the gravestone is indicated.

As indicated by Moonraker, permission to visit must be sought. However Cliveden , being National Trust grounds is open to National Trust Members and paying Public.

The cemetery is in a fitting place quietly tucked away.

The Canadian Hospital and grounds was sold by the NT. The hospital was demolished and replaced by housing. There was a lot of opposition by NT members to this transaction, objecting to the sale, but to no avail.

Regards MN

• 3 weeks later...

I researched the Americans in this cemetery some years ago but I did not get any information from the American Service records. I am always left wondering if any relatives know where they are buried

I researched the Americans in this cemetery some years ago but I did not get any information from the American Service records. I am always left wondering if any relatives know where they are buried

Hi SJ Clark

There are two Americans I can see on Cliveden War Memorial via Buckinghamshire remembers and they are Merwin Brewer and George Drake. I have been on Ancestry for a brief view on 3 public member trees for Merwin H Brewer

and it appears it may well be the same chap. To go into American records I would need to upgrade to World wide service. Never the less I have PM a Public tree member and given information to him. Interesting to see what happens.

• 3 months later...

Image42_zps231dd65b.jpg[/url]

• 3 years later...

Hi !.  Appreciated if anyone has a "readable" image of the cemetery layout plan that they will share ?.  I am interested in the numbering layout of the graves.  Regards.