Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Goodbye to all that.

Skipman

I take it this book is out of copyright, any problems and I will delete. Not all pages are there, but worth posting.

Robert Graves.

Mike

Edited by Skipman
link to copyright material

Mike

I have deleted the link. Scribd seems not to respect copyright with any consistency. I have had contact with other publishers regarding links to their site. Please treat them with caution.

Keith Roberts

To be honest - I would just avoid Scribd. Unless you are content that the basics of copyright law have been met. http://www.copyrightservice.co.uk/copyright/p01_uk_copyright_law

Keith

Maybe best avoid. Confusing when Clark's " Donkeys " written in 1961 is out of copyright, but Graves's book, published in 1929 isn't?

Also, not all of the book is available, unless you pay to download it.

Mike

For literary, dramatic, musical or artistic works

70 years from the end of the calendar year in which the last remaining author of the work dies.

If the author is unknown, copyright will last for 70 years from end of the calendar year in which the work was created, although if it is made available to the public during that time, (by publication, authorised performance, broadcast, exhibition, etc.), then the duration will be 70 years from the end of the year that the work was first made available.

Surely "The Donkeys" can only be out of copyright if his estate or literary executors have waived it.

Keith

Edit The author Alan Clark only died in 1999. I would expect copyright to exist until 2069

Surely "The Donkeys" can only be out of copyright if his estate or literary executors have waived it.

Keith

I suppose so? I posted it a while back on the Virtual Library, as it is available on archive.org. I was surprised to see it.

Mike

I'm not sure what country they base their servers in. Perhaps the law in that country is very different.

Keith

EDIT US copyright law seems to expire 28 years after publication in works published before 1978, unless there is action taken to renew it, in which case it can be extended by 67 years. So "the Donkeys" is restricted in the UK, but apparently not in the USA. I can see why lawyers end up rich.

Keith

I'm not sure what country they base their servers in. Perhaps the law in that country is very different.

Keith

It's a bit of a minefield, isn't it?

I'm only interested in making available, to pals, all that is legally available online, and more than happy to take advice, if and when I make a wrong call.

Keep me right :thumbsup:

Cheers Mike