Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Old Photos ww1 with added layers

Tony Cox

Hi

I was looking at a previous topic on adding colour to black and white prints, and very well there look,

question's were asked about adobe photoshop its a good photo package but can be a bit complexted, i.ve been playing around with it for some time now and have not yet touched the surface, her are some pics with added layers.

Tony

post-8-1093804235.jpg

These are very cleverly done Tony,

I think you have added a new dimension to the 'then and now' theme.

The 'Quadrilateral' is particularly atmospheric, IMHO.

Regards,

Steve.

Tony,

These photos are terrific! Good Job.

Thanks for sharing them with us.

cheers Shelley :D

See the discussion about Frank Hurley in another topic area!!!! Not that I think you're trying to alter history here. (Nor do I think he was!)

Now whose got a bloody nerve lecturing me on Aussie phtographers being the salt of the earth and not frauds-------If you think you are getting in the officers mess with these antics, you stop outside and sit in the dunny all night :lol:

"I wish I could do that," sighed Des, jealously.

I don't suppose you'd want to run one up of the Ulster Tower?

Only brilliant.

Des

:o What inspirational photographs - thanks for showing them to us.

I don't suppose you'd care to explain how they are done? I have Photoshop but I haven't managed to produce anything with it so far. Alternatively, can anyone point out any useful books or websites containing tutorials on this subject using Photoshop?

Thanks again,

Ken

Aw now come on Nige me old mate. You know I'm a fan of Hurley and I'm only trying to emulate his feats but I hardly think I'll make $$$$ from this effort.

If you let me in the Officers Club for the evening and shout me a 'Pimms' I'll doctor up a photo to make you the handsomest man on the earth - Now that would be a fake!!!! :P ....eh what. (I'm getting the hang of the lingo)

For everyone else's info I just used my old version of Photostudio 2000, cut and paste, made transparent backgrounds and then filled in a little. There's probably lots of old photo editing programs that will do this, it just takes a little patience and experimentation.

Tim L.

P.S. Here's another one I did today for practice (it still needs a little touching up).

post-8-1093939654.jpg

You make me better looking ? i take that as a compliment from a bloody crim. You wait untill i am made the new moderator i will soon sort out you LOWER Aussie ranks---Whats next fake pics of Australia winning the rugby ? Bloody rif-raf, your first over the top tomorrow old chum, just as the Germans are getting itchy fingers. :lol::lol:

Hmmmm.......I didn't need to doctor the olympic results, where was it our small little nation of expatriate criminals rated amongst the rest the civilised world could offer...oh, fancy that - 4th. :P (fancy being called a crim after 18 years in the Police Force)

As for sending me over the top. You'd probably only need me and maybe one or two other Aussies and we'd take the whole Hindenburg line for you.

Must admit though I should probably doctor up a photo of my own ugly mug and paste it on my mirror - perhaps a likeness of Hurley might be in order!!

Tim L.

(sorry Nigel and I are hijacking the thread a little - but he started it) ;)

• 1 year later...

just thought i'd bump this thread as the superb shopped pics been mentioned again

I don't suppose you'd care to explain how they are done? I have Photoshop but I haven't managed to produce anything with it so far. Alternatively, can anyone point out any useful books or websites containing tutorials on this subject using Photoshop?

ken

if you click the help in your PS menu, there's a huge help file available with tutorials, if it's not there you can download it from abode.com or do their on line ones

Digital Photo magazine is published monthly and includes a CD with tutorials in a video format. I consider these to be really useful and I wouldnt have known how to start in Photoshop without them. You can also Google for free Photoshop tutorials, there are plenty about.

Having said that, a lot of skill and patience is required and untill you have a go, you dont realise how good Tonys images are.

Stunning images Tony, I'm jealous of your skills!!

Regards

Geoff