Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Slide Show - Verdun

Seadog

The GWF is now able to display photosets created in Flickr and hopefully other photo-hosting sites as slideshows I have tested out this facility in "A Place to play" and I am very impressed with the results. The slide show is adjustable as to the time the photo is displayed and by clicking on an image the description can be read. The image can also be opened directly in Flickr which will require the user to allow pop-ups from that site.

Norman

Now posted as separate threads - Except Verdun

Nice ones Norman .......many thanks

Tom

Its a pleasure Tom and I am sure there are many such images out there for us to share.

Norman

Thanks for posting this info and also for showing some really lovely photos.

Seadog.

Realy enjoying these slide shows. Any more.

Cheers.

Again...excellent photo's Norman....this is a superb addition which enables people to post a photo record of their trips tho the various battlefields for others to enjoy..

regards

Tom

Norman,

They are wonderful. I have just spent quite a bit of time looking at each, just awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers Andy.

Tom and Andy thank you for your comments much appreciated. The images of mine you see here are only indicative of the photos that we all take when visiting the battlefields and I have seen some superb examples on Flickr. The suggestion that members can upload images of their trips is a very good one as this could be formatted to reflect the prime purpose of their visit such as a specific regiment / unit or following in the steps of a relative etc. There is no need to have a lot of images in the set and I do hope that other members post their slide shows as I and no doubt others would very much like to see them. Test out your images on this thread:-

http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=180900

Where member Norrette has posted a very interesting Arras set.

Regards

Norman

• 7 months later...

Hi Norman

Only the collection in post #9 seems to be working. (Excellent set of photos)! Any ideas as to why the others seem to have lapsed? Is there a time lapse setting to them?

Well it appears that like Baldricks "Cunning Plans" my brilliant idea has malfunctioned. So how about this for a wheeze I will delete those that are not working and recreate some specifically for the forum as separate posts which anyway will I think be better and quicker than having lots all running at once, well that is the plan anyway

Cheers

Norman

Yes, made sure I read it along with Christina's books before my visit there last year. As was mentioned on my Verdun thread, anyone interested in the GW would do well to go the extra miles to visit the area, as you say, an extremely interesting place :thumbsup:

Sean.

Sean I very much enjoyed viewing your photos and agree with you that a visit to this area should be a "must do" for anyone interested in the Great War. The Butte de Vauquois is particularly recommended.

Norman