Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Apple green Brodie confirmation

willysmb42

Hi,

I am thinking this is an original model B Brodie with the original Apple green paint showing through the later sand textured paint. Am I right or deluded ?

Unfortunately I have no liner or chinstrap for it and its missing one of the bales.

post-79580-0-24118600-1326060392.jpg

Colour looks right for early apple green. Would be good to see a pic of the inside of the helmet as the remaining bale could give a clue as to how early the helmet could be.

Indeed - if it were possible to see the inside it would help, as the chin strap connectors, bales or whatever they are called were rectangular in early rimless War Office Pattern Brodies, rather distinctive in shape.

Best

Peter

Here is a picture of a symbol and a number on the inside of the rime. The number looks like a 28 but I can't make out the other mark any ideas ?

post-79580-0-42350100-1326114828.jpg

Here is a picture of a symbol and a number on the inside of the rime. The number looks like a 28 but I can't make out the other mark any ideas ?

The letters are too indistinct to make out but the bale and loop are certainly indicative of an early Brodie.

Looks like the B over S which is for Beardmore, one of the steel suppliers.