Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

15 pattern Australian Equipment

hatch_five

I've been looking at the 15 pattern leather Australian Equipment on Karkeeweb. From the photos the leather looks thinner than that used in 03 equipment (approx 3mm on my 03 pieces). Does anyone know if this impression is right and how thick it actually is? I've never seen any of this in the flesh! Thanks Edward

Both types of equipment use similar thickness leather however the Australian gear is made from chrome-tanned leather vs. vegetable tanned leather for the '03. Over time the Brit gear becomes stiff while the australian remains remarkably supple...the OZ pattern came in a few different color variations; from yellow tan to orange brown to dark brown to olive green.

John

Thanks for this. I'm trying to make myself a set and wasn't sure what guage of leather I'd need! A further question, were the pouches divided internally like the 08 or just an 'open' pocket for the three chargers?

Thanks

Edward

Thanks for this. I'm trying to make myself a set and wasn't sure what guage of leather I'd need! A further question, were the pouches divided internally like the 08 or just an 'open' pocket for the three chargers?

Thanks

Edward

My pair has no internal dividers

John

• 2 weeks later...

G'day Edward,

I have a set and I would be happy to send you any detailed pictures that you may require for your reproduction set.

Just send me a PM with the details that you require.

I am at work at the moment. However, I will post a basic picture of the set tonight.

Leigh

As far as i know the Australian set is made from sheep or kangaroo leather thats why some of the leath has a greenish color and indeed supple even after all theas years.

This is my set

aussieweb2.jpg

and this are the pouches.

aussiewebpouch1.jpg

aussiewebpouch2.jpg