Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Great War Dust Jackets

Waddell

I came across this website, as always, whilst looking for something else-

http://www.greatwardustjackets.co.uk/index.html

There is some great artwork on some of these old covers and some very rare books in this collection.

Worth a look.

Scott.

Thanks Scott, you know whats it like you collect the interesting bits from old book lists and then years later comes the chance to post some on the GWF - So here in the first, regret only in B & W.

Norman :D

post-21884-1259756169.jpg

Norman,

You're just showing off now, but very nice little collection there.

I was thinking myself lucky to have a copy of "With the 1/5th Essex in the East" till I saw the copy in this collection with a dust jacket. I always seem to find them sans dust jacket.

Scott

Perhaps just one more. This one I actually own, the memoirs of Wing Commander Gwilym Lewis DFC who scored 12 victories in the Great War which made him an "Ace". Gwilym Lewis died on the 18th December 1996 age 97. He has also signed this copy.

Norman

4152237821_1e8d327509.jpg

That is a nice cover with the SE5a. I wonder which of the newer Great war books available today will become collectible over the years. I try and get them signed by the author where I can.

I have to say I prefer some of the older covers to the reprints.

Scott.

I completely agree with you Scott, the artistic quality of the old DJs are far more attractive that those we see today. There are exceptions of course and this example is both the back and front covers of the Folio Society edition of “Undertones of War” by Edmund Blunden. In my opinion an excellent publication and one that can be found today for a reasonable sum. The covers are in fact printed in full cloth with a lithograph of “Void of War” by Paul Nash.

Norman
4152301325_d000fe324a_z.jpg

Some WW1 books:
Click here:

Just a couple more, not strictly DJs of course by in my opinion very well done. This one from the Folio Society edition of "Goodbye to all That" by Robert Graves. Again in cloth.

Norman

4153138448_db691dace6.jpg

Some WW1 books

Click here: