Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Ramleh War Cemetery, Israel

fortheFallen

I am pleased to say that, once again, my contact in Israel is able to take on new requests for photographs of graves at Ramleh War Cemetery though it is worth bearing in mind that access to the cemetery can be a bit hit and miss due to local conditions. Please post here, or PM me, if you would like me to pass on any photo requests.

I am aware that one or two of those who posted requests for photos on the earlier thread http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/i...=100143&hl= have not received them despite my having emailed and PM'd to ask for email addresses to send the photos to. If you have not received the photos you asked for, please let me know and I will do my best to sort this out for you.

David

David, I would be greatful if he could get photos of the following.

Bardell, Arthur 420733 Grave G.64

Burrell, C 420485 Grave B.22

Flynn, T 421012 Grave E.24

Fuller, F.G 421012 Grave B.12

Garrard, W.A 421069 Grave E.20

Hodges, C 421103 Grave E.57

Hovey, C 420285 Grave G.63

Murphey, A.J 422143 Grave E.19

Rees, O.G 2LIEUT Grave D.37

Soper, H 421492 Grave B.68

Swaby, G.H 421108 Grave U.78

Vincent, D.M 424457 Grave E.22

All soldiers of the1/10th London Regiment

Best regards

James

David,

I'd be delighted if you could manage to get a picture of

H G S Hallam B.23

Thanks in anticipation.

brucelhubbardAThotmail.com

David

If possible a photograph of the headstone of

Pte John Prentice 1/4th Royal Scots

KIA 21/12/1917

Grave E 26

All the best

Wull

Hi David,

Could you add these two to your list?

Alfred Stone, 620077, died 23-11-18, Grave DD. 7

Percival Evelyn Martin, 620253, died 17-12-18, Grave A. 19

Many Thanks,

David

David

Not WWI, but is Ramleh also the burial place of Mervyn Paice and Clifford Martin, the two British sergeants who were hanged in 1947 by Irgun Zevai Leumi, the Israeli terrorist organisation?

jeremym

(Jeremy Mitchell)

Thanks everybody. I will add your photo requests to the list.

Jeremy

Yes, Martin and Paice were buried side by side in Ramleh Cemetery. I'm asking for photos of their headstones. Would you like copies when I receive them?

Jeremy - Could you please ask for a photo of the headstone of my brother Raymond - L/Cpl R A Smith, 14159607 Royal Sussex Regt, died 16th January 1948. His family would be very grateful.

Can you get back to me through my posting name on this site, or would you need my email address?

Thanks - John T Smith

Thank you for the offer, could you possibly get me a photo of the headstone of Pte Patrick McCrank MM of A&SH who is buried at plot K14. I will PM you with my e-mail address.. TIA JIM.

A lovely offer!

If it is possible I would love a photo of W C Lyon, Pte. Lincolnshire Yeomanry, buried in P 41.

Orso

David,

Email received today with photograph of Gnr Cant's grave. Thank you.

I have contacted the CWGc reference their error in his grave reference, and hopefully will have it corrected soon.

Thanks again.

Jim

Hi David,

If it' not too much bother could you get James Kerr, 5th KOSB, died 13/11/1917, ref O 10. He lived and went to school in New Cumnock, Ayrshire.

Cheers,

Richard

David

If it's not too much trouble, would you be able to arrange for photos of the following?

Grave N.21 Pte William George Edwards 1st/4th Wilts

Grave P. 10 Pte Ernest William Rose 1st/4th Wilts

Grave U. 15 Pte Thomas Michael Puttock 1st/4th Wilts

Grave U. 10 Pte Edmund Hibbard 2nd/4th Wilts

Grave A. 19 Cpl Percival Martin RHA

Grave p. 19 Pte Ernest Rose 1st/4th Wilts

Grave R. 13 Pte Bence Cox Royal Gloucs Yeomanry

Many thanks in advance

John

john.belcherATyahoo.co.uk

Thanks everybody. I have added all requests to the list and will contact you as soon as I receive the photos.

david

David,

Email received today with photograph of Gnr Cant's grave. Thank you.

I have contacted the CWGc reference their error in his grave reference, and hopefully will have it corrected soon.

Thanks, Jim. I think the cemetery staff are also trying to get the error corrected as well. Hopefully it will be sorted soon.

David

One more if pssible please.

James Bowman

South Notts Hussars

28/11/17

F.15

Many thanks

tim.priestley@sky.com

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KenMurray

Hi David

I would be grateful if your contact could get me a photo of the headstone of Thomas Bags Dyke.

He was with the New Zealand 12th Mounted Rifle Reinforcements (service no 12557) and the grave reference is B 60.

I only found out about him yesterday when I came across 2 packets of old negatives with his name and service number. The negatives are beautifully preserved and partially documented,and I am going to scan them to preserve and share with others.

Regards

Ken Murray

Hamilton

New Zealand

David,

The next time you have a batch of names for your contact at Ramleh War Cemetery, would be most grateful if you could add the name of:

Capt. L. V. A. Royle, died 17/08/18, RAF

Site AA.19

Thank you,

Russell

David,

The next time you have a batch of names for your contact at Ramleh War Cemetery, would be most grateful if you could add the name of:

Capt. L. V. A. Royle, died 17/08/18, RAF

Site AA.19

Thank you,

Russell

Will do, Russell

• 2 weeks later...
Hi David

I would be grateful if your contact could get me a photo of the headstone of Thomas Bags Dyke.

He was with the New Zealand 12th Mounted Rifle Reinforcements (service no 12557) and the grave reference is B 60.

Hi Ken

I have your photos from Ramleh War Cemetery and have uploaded these to Photobucket. Unfortunately, I am unable to PM you the album link and password as your messenger is not enabled - you need to have 10 posts on the forum before you can use Personal Messaging.

Could you please email me your email address and I will send you the album link and password. Thanks

David

Huge thanks David,

I have just seen a fantastic set of my requested pictures.

Congratulations to you and your contact on a job well done.

David

Just a big public thank you to David and his contact on the brilliant photos they took for me. Great job. Thanks again.

All the best

James

David

I received the requested photo tonight. Thank you and your contact very much for your efforts... JIM