Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Epsom College Register - Roll of Honour

rollofhonour

The school was founded as The Royal Medical Benevolent College and the establishment of the College was the culmination of a campaign begun in 1844 by the Provincial Medical and Surgical Association, the forerunner of the British Medical Association. The college provided education for sons of medical practioners and as such provided many members of the RAMC.

I have now set up a database on the www.roll-of-honour.com web site listing all those who died between 1879 and 1952. Much information is still being added but the details of the men for World War 1 are complete in their basic form and I would welcome any additional information or photogfraphs to add into the database.

http://www.roll-of-honour.com/Databases/EpsomCollegeRegister

Had another spare 5 minutes - do you have access to The Times online?

Found this for Davison - The Times, Wednesday, Jan 29, 1919; pg. 1; Issue 42010; col A

post-16016-1219999558.jpg

From a doc in the NA catalogue - there may be a window dedicated to him at Christ Church New Malden

Cheers

Sue

PS - tried to PM you about this but your inbox is full

Had another spare 5 minutes - do you have access to The Times online?

Found this for Davison - The Times, Wednesday, Jan 29, 1919; pg. 1; Issue 42010; col A

From a doc in the NA catalogue - there may be a window dedicated to him at Christ Church New Malden

Cheers

Sue

PS - tried to PM you about this but your inbox is full

I do have access to the times and thanks again. Just emptied the box - thanks.

Martin

if there are any non commemorations please let me know

Chris

Martin

if there are any non commemorations please let me know

Chris

Chris,

I'll let you have the database in due course then you can cherry pick from it...

Nothing on the box tonight so have been looking at another one

Is it possible that THOMAS MAKIN DRAPER didn't actually die?? (Recorded as Bedfordshire Regiment KIA in 1917 - but not to be found in SDGW or CWGC)

Thomas Makin Draper Snr married Selina Kate Gordon Cartwright in 1st qtr 1893

1901 census sees her at Watlington in Norfolk staying with her father (also a medical man)at Watlingham House with 3 children - including Thomas M (4) and Lucy D (2)

In the 2nd qtr of 1918 (Draper is supposed to have died in 1917) there are 2 marriages registered in the Watford district (that includes Rickmansworth)

Lucie D Draper 1918 Apr-May-Jun Webster Watford Hertfordshire

TO

John Webster 1918 Apr-May-Jun Draper Watford Hertfordshire

AND

Thomas M Draper 1918 Apr-May-Jun Webster Watford Hertfordshire

TO

Lilian M Webster 1918 Apr-May-Jun Draper Watford Hertfordshire

Certainly LG shows THOMAS MAKIN DRAPER commissioned into 10th Bn Bedfordshire Regiment in 1915 - but is this medal card possibly him???

post-16016-1220014447.jpg

It is certainly quite a coincidence don't you think?

Cheers

Sue

Sue,

That seems to fit. I have found many irregularities in the Register and this may another one.

I'll see if there are any other DRAPER's in the book who died... hmmm... food for thought..

Thanks...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Ken and Pam Linge the database has expanded a lot and there is now a lot of detail and there appears to be an entry for most men available. If anybody has any potted histories or photographs of the remaianing men then these would be gratefully received.

• 4 years later...

I am fairly sure Thomas Makin Draper did not die then

I believe he was commissioned in RAF and his service record there is online - click

Thomas Makin Draper later joined the Auxiliary Division of Royal Irish Constabulary in Oct 1921, and put his original regiment as Bedfords.

I have found his death CWGC died in 1941 - click . An my fuller notes on him - click

If anyone has more on Draper, can they add it here.