Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Canadian 72nd Seaforth, shoulder title

grantsmil

I have a relatively nice sergeant's WW1 Canadian, British made, Scottish service dress jacket. The buttons indicate it belonged to the 72nd Highlanders. There are two holes on each shoulder strap where there was once a pair of shoulder titles. I would like to replace them, but I do not know how identify an appropriate set of badges for this uniform. Any help to identify the shape and design of the shoulder titles used by the 72nd Seaforth Highlanders of Canada, would be very much appreciated.

I have a relatively nice sergeant's WW1 Canadian, British made, Scottish service dress jacket. The buttons indicate it belonged to the 72nd Highlanders. There are two holes on each shoulder strap where there was once a pair of shoulder titles. I would like to replace them, but I do not know how identify an appropriate set of badges for this uniform. Any help to identify the shape and design of the shoulder titles used by the 72nd Seaforth Highlanders of Canada, would be very much appreciated.

Grant,

You may have better luck posting your question here:

http://www.cefresearch.com/phpBB2/

John

Hello Grant, There are several possibilities for the shoulder titles. The 72nd Seaforths wore several patterns of titles. The numeral 72 was worn in combination with INF and CEF. A second numeral pattern exists, with 72/HIGHLANDERS in brass with lug type fasteners. The 72 appears to be brazed or welded to the HIGHLANDERS. The Highlanders is curved down in the centre. A third pattern is a tablet type with SEAFORTH HIGHLANDERS / CANADA. The entire tablet is arched up. There are a couple of manufacturers of the last pattern.

Hope this is of some assistance.

Edited by Bill Alexander