Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Festubert - attack on Ferme du Bois

Stephenb

Stephen;

I have to concur with the above posters. I have siad it a number of times, but this site and the people who post here are absolutley amazing with the wealth of knowledge thats available. I have often felt intimidated to post, but it has proved to be one of the best ways of truly learning this war and about the men who fought it. I have posted a story that I am writing for criticism and ideas and the people were so helpful it made what could be a terrifying prospect into a pleasure. I am also trying to plan a trip to the Somme for 2006 and people have come out of the woodwork to help.

Along these lines, I hope you'd still be willing to ping me anything you had on the 9th. I have to admit my ignorance of computers, but I assume pinging has something to do with email. If not or there is a charge please let me know and again, I'd be more than happy to take care of it.

Thanks

Jon

Jon,

I think it could be a very moving experience when you finally get to High Wood, especially when you can actually identify the directions of attacks, experience the surrounding landscape and features first hand, and observe the outline of the infamous Switch Line. So roll on 2006 in that respect!

I'll certainly ping/email you as much as I have on the 9th. I presume you're interested in material relating to the 1915 period as well as the War Diary etc?

Regards,

Steve

Stephen

I'd be happy to get anything you could give. I have almost no access to these type of documents unless its through the internet so I jump at every opportunity. Thanks.

Jon

Not sure if this is of the faintest interest but ...

The following were among the burial grounds from which British graves were removed to Woburn Abbey Cemetery: THE CHERIOTS, RUE-DU-BOIS, RICHEBOURG-L'AVOUE, in an orchard on the North side of the Rue-du-Bois West of Richebourg-L'Avoue, where 16 soldiers from the United Kingdom and one from India were buried in the summer of 1915

Regards

Leigh

Just seen there was a page 2 of this tread :P , not much help after all !!

Ps I was Le Touret on 31st May and saw another GB car there (chap wife and kids) was it anyone from here?

Edited by leigh

Not sure if this is of the faintest interest but ...

Regards

Leigh

Just seen there was a page 2 of this tread :P , not much help after all !!

Ps I was Le Touret on 31st May and saw another GB car there (chap wife and kids) was it anyone from here?

Thanks for the contribution Leigh,

I can confirm it wasn't me at Le Touret. Hopefully the weather was better thann when I was last there in October, cold and raining ;)

• 13 years later...

Steve. Do you still have Capt AJ Martins memorial book?

• Admin

Stephenb hasn't visited the forum for 10 years. You could try sending a private message.

Michelle

Michelle. Thanks for the info. Have sent him a message. 

Regards

m

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/06/2019 at 17:11, Michelle Young said:

Stephenb hasn't visited the forum for 10 years. You could try sending a private message.

Michelle

Michelle Stehenb didnt respond to site or pm but I have located the memorial book. Thanks for the assist

m