Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Disappeared item about SAS wreathes

burlington

This posting of mine today seems to have disappeared. Not even transferred to Skindles where, I agree, it does properly belong but this was mentioned by me when I first posted the item.

Perhaps a Moderstor could tell me what happened, and why. A PM would be courteous.

The posting was harmless, of general interest, and certainly non-contentious.

Martin

This is a WW1 forum, not WW2

Peter

I know precisely what this Forum is!

If you had read the posting, you would have seen that I acknowledged that the item should really have been in Skindles, but that I put it where it was because of the general interest in the item. After all, how many people have seen an SAS wreath?

Rather than pulling the item, it should have been moved to Skindles, but fewer people would have seen the item.

Martin

It does not matter how many or how few. SAS is WW2 therefore it is the wrong forum

Peter

Martin

I did not see the item but the rules are that no posts outside WW1 are permitted on the Forum other than in Skindles.

You cannot decide to change that rule.

Martin

I did not see the item but the rules are that no posts outside WW1 are permitted on the Forum other than in Skindles.

You cannot decide to change that rule.

OK Terry, point well taken, BUT could not the item have been transferred to Skindles by the Mod.?

Martin

Your right, I've never seen a Scandanavian Airlines wreath.

Mick

It would be helpful to have a policy. I quite agree with non-GW items not being allowed, but we seem to have three policies:

Some are closed but not removed

Some are moved to Skindles

Some are deleted.

I've commented before about moving things to Skindles: I'm agin' it, because frequently non-Skindlers chip in before it's moved and then it disappears, which is a bit odd.

Closing them would seem sensible (unless, of course, they are offensive, or similar, in which case deletion would make sense). In cases such as this, closing wouldn't be the end of the world: the information is shared, but off-topic discussion isn't taking place.

As it is, we're now occupying bandwidth discussing it :wacko:

Steven

That is the same policy operating. Different posts are treated differently according to the severity of the misdemeanor and the identity of the member. 'Old Hands' are treated as if they should know better. Newbie's usually more leniently for a first offence.

It is the decision of the individual moderator.

The simple answer is - Don't break the rules and you will have nothing to complain about.

Good point about the bandwidth.