The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

CWGC

PBI

Can Any Forum Pals please enlighten Me as to what a CWGC Scatter Broadcast is please ?.. :wacko:

:lol: ..Something Far Worse Did Fleetingly Cross my Mind.

Who Recieves the Scatter Broadcast ????..is it confined to a Select Few ? or can anyone get it ?

Cue X Files Theme Music.

I don't know what a 'CWGC' scatter broadcast is, but in general I would describe a scatter broadcast as a method of sending information without an attempt to determine who from your address book is likely to be interested - you send it to everybody and let them sort the wheat from the chaff.

Roxy

Thanks Roxy,I wonder How the CWGC Decides who is Worthy enough to be a recipient of one of these Scatter Broadcasts ?

Can Any Forum Pals please enlighten Me as to what a CWGC Scatter Broadcast is please ?.. :wacko:

Could you give us the context of your question? As said, it is a way of sowing seed. It's the way you might thicken growth on a lawn without attending to specific bald patches.

A Forum Member had Asked the CWGC a Question in regards to the Date and Time of the Interment of 2 sets Remains of British Soldiers in France,plus (As it later Transpired) another 8 sets on the 26th of this Month in Belgium) and why this Information was not on Their Web Site ?(This Matter has Now been Resolved with CWGC).The CWGC replied that this Information was available on one of its Scatter Broadcasts.Does this mean that only Certain People are held to be worthy imparting this Information to ?..it transpires that some Forum Members on this and another WW1 Forum were and are indeed deemed worthy of having this Information passed to them,as it seems that they new well in Advance of the Burials of these Remains yet Chose not to Post a Word about it on this Forum.It was brought to my Attention by another Forum Member,that the Info regarding the Interments was already common Knowledge amongst a Few GWF Members who use the other WW1 Site...So just what IS a Scatter Broadcast,and can anyone join the List of those Special Folk who are a Cut above us Proles ?... :wacko:

The terms 'scatter' and 'broadcast' do not obviously suggest a restricted or exclusive form of distribution

Guest tafski

I am not sure if this is linked to PBI posting but have received a call from a de digger friend and was informed that a number of burials are to happen later this month some are to be interned in cement house 6 i believe, and 1 at messines and intresting enough 1at essex farm which has been a closed cemetery for many a year i am awaiting a e mail to confirm this ,

tafski

Guest tafski

Cheers norman

as i havnt been on for a while missed this but was talking to my good friend frans of de diggers tonight and he informed me

cheers

tafski

Tafski,would Frans have any relative Information as to where and any of the Remains were Found ??????

Guest tafski
Tafski,would Frans have any relative Information as to where and any of the Remains were Found ??????

PBI

I believe that the 6 that are to be interned in cement house were foud i believe at international trench and the soldier being interned at essex farm i am not sure

tafski

Many Thanks tafski.