Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

father and grandfathers medals and military record

Guest doors

I am trying to get a copy of my father and grandfathers military record and also trying to find what medals they had and get copies . I am from new zealand and living in England so dont know the system. My grandfather served in WW1 in the Royal Artillery and my father served in the Royal Marines throughtout the late 40's and 50's and served in Korea. Any help would be of great help

thanks adrian dorman

Welcome to the forum, Adrian.

As a place to start, make sure you have first visited "Grandad's War" at The Long, Long Trail website. There's a link to it at top-left of this page. Be sure to read at least "The Basics", "Service Papers" and "Grandad's Medals".

• 9 months later...
Guest carolechris

Hi All

I have just been reading I would like to get a copy of my Grabd Fathers Medals for my Mother as her Mother gave them to The Royal Marine Mueseum in Portsmouth. I have all the numbers does anyone know:

1) Can I get copies of them

2) Where would I go if I can

3) Any Idea of the costs involved

Hope someone can help.

Carole

Hi,

If you post all the details you know about the Royal Marine I'll see if I have any details on him.

Rgds,

Alex.

Alex & Doors;Sorry to Butt in but would you have details on RMA Men?

If so I would Appreciate any information regarding:~

R.M.A.5926; Gunner,F.W.McClure,Royal Marine Artillery.

RFR # PO.A.40827 Mne.RFR.

1914~15 Star Trio & RFR LSGC Medal

Thanking you in Anticipation,

Regards Roger[HBMCDCM]

Hi All

I have just been reading I would like to get a copy of my Grabd Fathers Medals for my Mother as her Mother gave them to The Royal Marine Mueseum in Portsmouth. I have all the numbers does anyone know:

1) Can I get copies of them

2) Where would I go if I can

3) Any Idea of the costs involved

Hope someone can help.

Carole

You cannot get Official Re~Issues ,as the others are extant,& the time frame for Official UK replacements has long since passed.You can if you so desire obtain "unofficial Copies,they are regularly offered on E Bay & various Medal Dealers do offer them,an Advanced Google searchg for "Replica Medals" should find them.The cost would probably be around £30 ~£50