Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

In From The Cold - 22.05.08

Terry Denham

CWGC added the following 'new' WW1 casualty to its Debt of Honour database today – Thursday 22nd May.

Pte Joseph ALLAN

38769 15 Bn, Royal Scots

Died 22.10.17 Age 24

Commemorated: Tyne Cot Memorial, Belgium

NOT FORGOTTEN

This casualty is another put forward by the In From the Cold Project and was found by member, apwright.

Guest KevinEndon

We are getting somewhere with these now, well done all those involved. Maybe one day it may be one of mine that comes in from the cold.

Kevin

Kevin

MoD are working through them alphabetically and so they will come up in batches as done by each volunteer. Your turn will come. :D

Rest in Peace Joseph

MAY HE REST IN PEACE

Rest in peace, Joseph.

It's great to see that the project is bearing fruit. I see that the CWGC website states that Joseph's name will not be added to Tyne Cot immediately - Terry, do you know what the usual time lag is for "new" names to be added?

Alan

Alan

It can vary from six months to a couple of years. Obviously, for cost reasons, they try to 'save them up' and do a large batch in one go. On the other hand, they are sometimes done individually. It all depends on circumstances.

Generally, I would not expect to see a new name for at least a year - but you never know.