Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Belfast Northern Ireland attacked again

markinbelfast

What annoys me just as much as the 'stereotypical Billy/Paddy thing' is the fact that these ghetto areas only cover a very small area of NI. To outsiders we're all tarred with the same brush. Children can grow up here without bias and many do, that seems to be overlooked. My kids didn't know there were'sides' until a well meaning EMU visit. Also a fact I heard the other day - there are 10 times more young people involved in voluntary work than in crime.

As for the police comment Mark, I know where that memorial is and you'd have to have pretty exceptional eye-sight to see that from a police or any other vehicle travelling to a kebab shop. There just may be police officers using this forum and comments like that can cause offence, there are dossers in all walks of life.... However, I do agree that those causing any vandalism should be made to foot the bill. Either from their own pockets or by working with those repairing the damage. For those too young to do either parents should be made responsible, I'm fed up working to keep those who won't ( note I don't include those who can't).

Good points Des, I have found that those who shout the loudest usually don't take time to check the facts - empty vessels etc etc

This is Evelyn reporting for Rant TV handing you back to the forum. Bye.....

Sorry Evelyn what exactly do you mean by the word "ghetto"... I live just over a mile from this area and would guess I have far more in common with the majority people in this area than I do with say the people living in the leafy lanes of north down....so I take it these ghetto areas only cover a very small area of NI. refers to where I live?

You say "I know where that memorial is and you'd have to have pretty exceptional eye-sight to see that from a police or any other vehicle ... "...very good...so you'll also know that this area is possibly covered by security cameras from a police station nearby?....coupled with speaches from the police about them being more active in this area?

Good points Des, I have found that those who shout the loudest usually don't take time to check the facts - empty vessels etc etc...I take it that this is about me?