Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Tom JACKSON, Waggoner CHT/548, A.S.C.

Colin.j

Tom Jackson, Waggoner CHT/548 A.S.C. was a "Wolds Wagoner" who went to France on 20 August 1914 with No. 3 Reserve Park, by which time he would be 40 years of age, he was subsequently discharged and entitled to the 1914 Star, BWM. and VM. (as per his MID). This is the sum total of my knowledge about his service, other than his name appears on a Roll of Honour in his local church in East Yorkshire. Does anyone have information about the No.3 Reserve Park's early days in France from their War Dairies etc. "The Wolds Wagoners" by Ian Sumner says that some of the older men found the going very hard and at the end of 1915, after their first 12 months commitment expired, they were discharged and allowed to go home, but I don't know if Tom Jackson was one of these. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks Colin Jackson

Colin

Tom Jackson CHT/548 (born East Haslerton) has some Service Record on Ancestry, PM me an email address and I'll forward on what's there...

There's also some Service record for a Tom Jackson CHT/463 (born West Haslerton), do you want that as well?

Regards

Steve

"The Wolds Wagoners" by Ian Sumner says that some of the older men found the going very hard and at the end of 1915, after their first 12 months commitment expired, they were discharged and allowed to go home, but I don't know if Tom Jackson was one of these.

A quick answer to this question, yes he was. Discharged 28 December 1915.

Steve

Steve

Thank you for your two messages. Hopefully I have pm'd you with my email address.

Ady

Thank you for the info about the Yorkshire web site. I was aware of it and its contents.

Thanks again for your very prompt replies.

Colin

Colin

Emails are on their way.

Regards

Steve

Steve

Thank for the email and its enclosures, which I have printed off. I shall now retire to study Tom Jackson's service history. I can't thank you enough for for help.

Colin

On 28 December 1915, Tom Jackson was discharged as per Para 154 (XII) RSR II.

Can anyone interpret this regulation for me.

Colin