Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Soldiers Died database

LesP

Is it possible to search the Soldiers Died in the Great War database by service number only? If it is, and it's not too much of a fag, could some kind soul with access help me out?

I am trying to trace the names and date of death of those with service numbers between SE/14750 and SE/14799 that died 1916 to 1918, and the CWGC website is only searchable by name.

I would be most grateful for any assistance or suggestions as to how else the information may be obtained.

Les

Les,

The Answer to your question is yes you can search the database with number only. I'm at work just now with out the CD, but I'm sure some one else will be able to help.

Llew.

I am trying to trace the names and date of death of those with service numbers between SE/14750 and SE/14799 that died 1916 to 1918, and the CWGC website is only searchable by name.

Les

Geoff501 on this forum created an excellent search engine that allows the user to search the CWGC data by other criteria.

The link to it is here...... http://www.hut-six.co.uk/cgi-bin/search2.php

Regards

Steve

A quick search using Geoff's search engine and entering "Army Veterinary Corps" and "SE/147" as the criteria shows up three results, two of which fall into the number range you're after (one of whom is outside of the date range you specify).....

"Show results for: + ARMY VETERINARY CORPS + SE/147. records found: 3

PREVIOUS | NEXT

Page 1 of 1

001 APPLEGATE SE/14721 17/11/1917

002 BETTS SE/14762 09/02/1920

003 MASTERS SE/14769 21/06/1918"

Regards

Steve

A quick search using Geoff's search engine and entering "Army Veterinary Corps" and "SE/147" as the criteria shows up three results, two of which fall into the number range you're after (one of whom is outside of the date range you specify).....

"Show results for: + ARMY VETERINARY CORPS + SE/147. records found: 3

PREVIOUS | NEXT

Page 1 of 1

001 APPLEGATE SE/14721 17/11/1917

002 BETTS SE/14762 09/02/1920

003 MASTERS SE/14769 21/06/1918"

Regards

Steve

Many thanks for your trouble. I had no idea that the search was available online. That info is most useful.

Les