Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The Long, Long Trail wins award

Chris_Baker

And so say all of us. Congratulations and thank you for all the help your site is and will continue to be.

Old Jack

Well done Chris. A well deserved accolade.

Apart form the information on the site I am always impressed and amazed by the generosity of the forum members who seem to provide information (especially about soldiers) at great speed, for no charge and just with the satisfaction of helping others.

A great place to be involved with.

Gunner Bailey

Wot everyone else says, Chris. A well deserved recognition of an exemplary use of the internet to provide accessible information.

Jim

Well done Chris, what did we ever do before you came along...........Peter

Well Done Chris. The award for the Long Long Trail is richly deserved. Still using it often, even if it's for an idle browse 5 years after finding it.

Chris, very well done!!!

Truth will out. And so, apparently, will quality. An NVQ assessor recently said to me "It's a pleasure to see a piece of work with so much effort put into the underlying evidence" - which applies, word for word, to the site and what Chris has put into it. I shall raise a glass* to you, sir!

* Okay, several ...

Congratulations Chris - well deserved.

Cheers,

Carole.

I like to see myself as Mr Average (one of the pollster organisations should employ me!) and TLLT and this forum have been my first port of call when 'logging on' for several years now.

I suspect even Chris Baker himself does not really appreciate just how much of a draw TLLT is for so many people. And the odd thing is that, as one of those people, I can't begin to explain why this should be!

Tom

Glad to see they know quality when they see it!

Its well deserved Chris.

Mike S

G'day All,

Well deserved Chris, congratulations.

I'm sure the AWM will also be chuffed.

I think you should get an MBE at least!

Regards

Pop

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations Chris! I don't visit the LLT as often as I should, often answering questions on the forum from my own sources only to find that you had it all taped anyway!