Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

"Military History Live" show at Olympia, London

angelab

Same as you Chris, I decided not to bother. Military experts indeed :D

Maybe Mr Snow senior will be using his swingometer to decide which side won.

sm

Yes, I have to say that it was very difficult to see what might be on *except* them!

It took me a while to find a list of exhibitors - which I posted as I thought some members might be interested in battlefield tours etc (though I can see that lashing out £20 a head to go in would make it an expensive way to do that research!).

Angela

This would appear to be a promotion for the Snow's and the History Channel - which is fine as long as you realise what you are spending your money on.

Well, I have been there all day with plenty of things that would be of interest to the average forum member. Each to their own, I suppose.

It's an interesting show, well worth a visit if you are in the area. I'm there tomorow with Fir4epower The Royal Artillery Museum.

Knew nothing about this so had no chance to arrange to visit - not well publicised? Too expensive for what is a sales tool?

I thought it was a good day out, though I did make use of the 2 for 1 offer. At £10 a head it was reasonable value, (but at £20 I would have considered it pricey compared with Detling or the War & Peace show).

Picked up some useful stuff on some of the family history stands, and have a few leads on how to research some of the men on my database with foreign names.

I enjoyed Julian Richards talk on archaeology. (My wife also saw the Snow's presentation on the Battle of Britain and sid that Dan was a much better presenter than his father.)

Nice to see the WFA with a stand as well as a few other faces I know.

I hope that it could be expanded in future e.g. more archaeology societies, perhaps some railway history societies for example.

I was not going due to the adverse comments, but I did go with my wife and had a thoroughly pleasent day, met a few friends there (Don't like the beard Paul) I was surprised of the content, if it's on next year I will be going.

John

Why are so many people against the Snow's i think the presentations are excellent, certainly better than some archaeologists and museum curators ive seen.

Mick

I have no problem with the Snows; what I hate (personally) is the modern fixation with computerised graphics. The Snow's idiotic wall papering table-style thing is just a good (bad?) example.

Looks like I'll have to go next year....assuming there is a next year. No point complaining if you don't go to see, and if you go and like it you've spent money well. ;)