Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Edith Cavell

ypresman

And a famous statue/memorial at Whitehall or very near, not sure where it starts.

James, 3 of us drove non stop from Kentucky to Jasper in a 2 door BMW, whew! Then 2 of us made it about 120 miles, 1st from BC up Mt Robson, then on to stop point 10 days later. Mt Robson peak was visible that day, good news!

At one point after the longest day of all, about 18 miles, noticed my down bag had fallen off my pack! Decided to look for it, it was real cold, at the very point we were going to quit, there it was in a stream, between rocks & dry! Got back to camp site so shot to hell, freeze dried beanie weenie & Tang never tasted so good.

Would I have seen Mt. Edith while walking up Robson?

Would I have seen Mt. Edith while walking up Robson?

Paul,

Jeez! I don't know. You are a much more energetic outdoorsman than I! I have only seen those peaks from the highway, and even then, not very many times. By my maps, Robson and Edith Cavell are about 60 miles apart as the crow flies. Perhaps on a clear day from near the top of one the other may be visible. But probably not. They are on opposite sides of the highway with lots of distracting geography in between. You will have to go back and hike up Mount Edith Cavell and report back!

Seriously, we have quite a few sizable mountains named after Great War personalities. There was still a lot of unnamed geograhy about in those days.