Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Lce-Cpl Allan Gordon Marsh, 15th Royal Scots

Guest Robert Marsh

Guest Robert Marsh

Hi,

I'm new to this site, and you may have already read the information about my grandfather that Chris posted in such an respectful way, but what you see is about it. Through Chris and his site, I have a greatly increased knowledge of the battles and movements of the 15th Bn, but what I don't have is any of the more personal information regarding my grandfather, military record, service number, service medals, and the like. I would be grateful if those of you who have been down this road before could provide me with some guidance on my next steps. I'm in the US, so it will have to be via mail or the internet.

Thanks so much.

Bob Marsh

I can now add that his regimental number was 658136 and he enlisted in the Royal Scots, 30 September 1914 and was transferred to a reserve unit on 17 April 1919, per his Army Form Z21. Does anyone have any other records or advice on where I can further research his military experiences?

The article on Allan Marsh can be found HERE.

• 6 months later...

Marsh Allan Gordon L/Cpl. 17945 - 47, Littleton Rd, Salford 15th R/S, later 2nd R/S.

He was an original Manchester enlistment for the 15th R/S he is listed in my 1st book 'Manchester Scottish 1914-1918'

• 8 years later...

Hi,

Just wondering if this article on Allan Marsh and his diary is still current? The link doesn't take me anywhere.

My great grandfather was in the 15th Royal Scots and it would be an excellent read.

Many thanks,

Gordon