Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Bowing out

Chris_Baker

CHRIS

From the bottom of my heart, I wish you ALL the best.You have created a life changing site,that should go on for ever. Through you the knowledge of the GREAT WAR has moved on to greater and greater hights.

THANKYOU

CHEERS FOR NOW.

JOHN FLOOK :wub:

Chris

Not much more to be said that hasn't already said. I came to the forum at a time when I needed a distraction, and as a consequence I have not only chatted to a lot of really great people but have also met some of them and enjoyed their company. I have also learnt an awful lot not least of which is the fact that I know very little.

So thank you, and good luck.

Mick

Dear Chris and Mods

The GWF has been a more than helpful instrument in many of my undertakings and as such has left a mark on the Great War- scene. Just one example: when I started making plans for the Scottish Memorial in Flanders on the Frezenberg I outed this for the first time on this Forum to check how the idea would be received. The reactions of the Pals were very instrumental in helping me to decide if I would go on or not. Those who are passing the Frezenberg now know the result.

Thanks to Chris, this Forum has done a tremendous thing in spreading knowledge and awareness but, even more important, served (and luckily enough will still serve) Remembrance.

So many thanks and good luck

Erwin

To Chris,

Thank you for initiating and fostering this tremendous resource and meeting place, more importantly thank you for passing it onto GWF Ltd. To GWF Ltd, thank you for taking on what must be a tremendously time consuming endeavour, may it grow, flourish and endure in the way both Chris and yourselves intend,

Kindest Regards,

Chris Henderson

Dear Chris

Thank you for making such a magnificent source of information available for us all - and for what must have been superhuman devotion to the task!

Best wishes in your other endeavours

Alan

Chris - I've just stumbled across this - I'm still catching up after two weeks without access to the internet. Sincere thanks for all you have done and very best wishes for the future.

Cheers, Terry

Chris - thank you. You retire from the running of the GWF a legend. Well done.

Regards. Jarvis.

Look at this.....I was not aware of this important news - one should never scale back own operations.

Well Chris thank you so very much for giving birth to this remarkable forum and for the endless times Mrs Baker had to go to bed alone and warm up the bed as you were busy maintaining your baby until early morning hours. Well done. You are the first recipient of the GWF special award medal, platinum level.

And a very good start to the new team to whom I wish an enthusiastic, energetic start to the benefit of this diverse but always remembering community!

I have been away from the GWF for some time working on a WW2 Project and only dropping in now & then, so I missed this important post.

The GWF is, in my opinion, one of the best Great War resources to be found on the internet. A huge depository of knowledge, expertise and advice that I am sure will continue for a very long time, and it's all down to you.

Personally, I have been very fortunate in obtaining a wealth of information from this site and I would like to say a most sincere Thank You for all your time, effort and determination in making the GWF what it is. I would also like to wish you the very best of luck in all that you do in the future.

I am sure the GWF has passed into very capable hands and I have no doubt the new owners will maintain the site in the spirit in which it was created. They can be assured of my continuing support. My very best wishes to you all.

Regards

Paul Johnson

Just came upon this thread and wanted to say well done and best of luck to Chris. It's a great site you've built up.