Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

ZEPPELINS OVER LONDON

Aspern

Hello

I'm not sure if this is considered 'bad form' or not but I thought I'd let the forum know about a book that I have written on the above subject and which was published in March 2008. I hope some readers of the forum may be interested.

The book is part of the Osprey 'Campaign' series which has been running for many years now. The book is called 'London 1914-17 - The Zeppelin Menace'.

As the title suggests the book covers this fascinating period of history when strategic bombing of an enemy capital first came into being. The book follows the build up to the Zeppelin raids, Britain's initial, largely ineffective, attempts to oppose them and then the gradual swinging of the advantage to British pilots with the introduction of new ammunition. In particular the book focuses on the 9 raids that actually reached the capital and looks at each in some detail. One of the innovative features of the book is, I believe, the maps, one for each of the raids. They follow the route of the Zeppelins over London, indicating where all traceable bombs landed. To the best of my knowledge this fine level of information has never previously been made generally available and I am pleased with the end result.

The book retails for £14.99 but needless to say it is cheaper online from Amazon. The ISBN is 978 184603 245 5.

I would welcome any comments about the book from readers of this forum.

Ian Castle

I'll definately be reading it very soon, but I've blown

me budget for the month, so cant buy it just yet!

it's Top Of The List, though

Kind regards

• 1 month later...

Just got my copy today, and must say that after more than a quick

scan that I'm impressed by the amount of, and attention to, detail.

Some fantastic photo's and I really do like the 'action' illustrations!

Thank you for recently drawing it to my attention

and most of all thanks for originally writing it!

Kind regards