Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

New Books - Royal Berkshire Regt and Wiltshire Reg

mac

I would like to draw members attention to recent book publications relating to the above two County Infantry Regiments in the Great War.

1. 'China Dragons tales' The story of the 1st Battalion Royal Berkshire Regiment in the Great War. This book is by four members of the Thames Valley Branch of the WFA (Ian CULL, Len WEBB, John CHAPMAN, and Martin McINTYRE) They have spent three years researching it and with the support of the Regimental museum got it published last week. It includes the Battalion Roll of Honour, awards and decorations, details of all actions including two Victoria Cross actions, plus a lot more. Cost £14.95 from the Regt Museum, details below, or if you are a Thames Valley member see one of the above at the next few meetings.

2. The War diary of the 2nd Battalion Wiltshire Regiment (Western Front)

3. The War diary of the 7th Battalion Royal Berkshire Regiment (Salonica)

This is all coming about because of the enthusiasm of the Museum Curator who is very pro-active and keen to share information.

If anyone is interested you can view the items on the RGBW Regimental Museum Website shop at www.thewardrobe.org.uk

Many Thanks

MAC

Thanks Mac,

I have ordered 'China Dragons tales' accordingly ... and a keyring! ... Ive been waiting for something to come out on the 1st Bttn Royal Berkshires ever since I became interested in WW1 a couple of years ago.

MAC.

brilliant,this is spooky.one of my jobs for tomorrow was a request on this very section for books/information on the Royal Berkshire Regiment,you beat me to it.

Thanks

Steven :D

Mac

Thanks again,just been on the website and ordered the book and a metal cap badge.

Glad to have been of help chaps, feedback on the book, good bad or indifferent later on will help us as we plough on with the 2nd Battalion

Cheers

MAC

Mac

Will certainly let you know what i think when i've red the book.

Looking forward to recieving it in the post,because as yet i know nothing about the Royal Berkshire Regiment.

Mac.

Book arrived in this mornings post excellent service.