Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Medal Cards Found on Ancestry but not on the NA.

kevin

Pals

Here are two MIC's to two brothers [ my Grandfathers Brothers], both MIC's are on Ancestry but only one on the NA, this shows that all the MIC's are still not on line at the NA.

post-9-1205772603.jpg

post-9-1205772628.jpg

Regards Kevin

I agree. Possibly up to 5% missing from the NA list in my opinion (e.g. OR casualties on my database that don't have NA MICs). I have certainly found some on Ancestry that i can't find in any way on the NA index.

The Microfilm Index at the NA is complete according to Chris Baker, though I have only ever checked for one man on that system!

Steve.

Garry

You are right itis the same person, but as we can see the indexing is all wrong in both his first name it was Pierce not Percy and he was in the Yorkshire Hussars not the Yorkshire Regiment, no wonder i could not find him, but it goes to show what a poor system both are, and even if we use one to cross check the other will be sure that we have covered it all?

post-9-1205773776.jpg

Regards Kevin

The NA transcriptions are in many cases diabolical,with very odd "Transcriptions" from the originals no doubt carried out by person{s} not familiar with Military Regiment/Corps Titles or even Surnames & Christian Names....

Plus a small percentage were not transcibed as they were damaged or unreadable {Such a Card to Dunger 375 Norfolk R. is on Ancestry but was not transcribed @ the NA,as it was badly water damaged}