Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Sir Raymond Edward Priestley (Major) MC BA

Smithmaps

Would anybody have the expertise to be able to look up for me, what rank Sir Raymond Edward Priestley (Major) MC BA entered the Army?

He served as adjutant at the Wireless Training Centre (1914-17), and then with the 46th (North Midland) Divisional Signal Company R.E.

Could anybody also tell me, whether an 'Adjutant', wore an officers uniform, or an other ranks uniform. I thought an Adjutant, was an officer, but would welcome advice.

I am trying to make sense of a photograph I have been sent. In response to my web site:

Priestley

Many thanks

Guy

R E Priestley was commissioned as a 2nd Lieut, London Signal Company, RE (TF) on 5 Sep 14 and received a commission as a Temporary 2nd Lieut, RE on 9 Dec 14. Adjutants were always officers. Dick Flory

R E Priestley was commissioned as a 2nd Lieut, London Signal Company, RE (TF) on 5 Sep 14 and received a commission as a Temporary 2nd Lieut, RE on 9 Dec 14. Adjutants were always officers. Dick Flory

Many thanks Dick.

I have been sent a picture which is said to be of him, but the soldier wears OR's uniform, so I suspected some error.

If anybody has a picture of him, in the interests of history, I am still looking.

Many thanks indeed.

All the best

Guy