Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

Sign in to follow this  
Sullivan

Ceylon Planters Rifle Corps

Pentop

Am interested in any information on any of the following that I believe belonged to the Ceylon Planters Rifle Corp:

Patrick Tremenheere

Lewis Cameron

Basil Clark

Any members of the Cameron or Clark family

chrisfacta

Hello, am coming to this topic very late, however, am hoping to track down the record of my Grandfather, Alexander Patrick Brown. I am hoping to confirm that he was in the Ceylon Planters Rifle Corp. The only record I have has him in The Royal Dublin Fusiliers, entering France 04/01/1915. This seems to align with the record of other CPFC members. Does anyone have access to the relevant information/registers?

Alex Bryson
On 07/07/2006 at 21:58, SteveB said:

Bought a picture of 4 Company, CPRC, yesterday. It says it was presented to Lt Col, R Benzie, DSO, VD, on the 20th May 1928. Picture attached. It also has the names of everyone in the picture at the bottom. If anyone wants any close-ups, or details of the names, please ask.

SteveB

post-1747-1152305863.jpg

Alex Bryson

Hi,

My grandfather, Lcpl LA Hayter, is pictured here. He returned to England in 1917 , enlisted in RFA ( and was subsequently commissioned)

returning after the war, rejoining his old unit as a Lcpl ! ( Old boys Club ? )

He died suddenly in 1940, aged 53 and as a CSM  in CPRC was afforded a full military funeral in Colombo. Any other information on him would be gratefully received.

Alex Bryson

Maj (retd)

The Royal Highland Fusiliers