Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Talk by Forum member Julian Whippy

Kate Wills

'The Patient Killers' is not a new initiative to reduce NHS waiting lists, but a presentation on the life and techniques of those lone marksmen, the snipers. Our speaker is Julian Whippy, himself a former police marksman, who now runs Battle Honours, a battlefield touring company, with co-owner and another valued GWF Pal Clive Harris. Julian tells us "I have a great affinity with the Northamptonshire Regiment as my great-uncle was a regular in the 1st Battalion who was killed 9th May 1915 at Aubers Ridge and his body never found. I now take groups there regularly". Hopefully, we can lure Julian to return to speak on his uncle's war next year. In the meantime, Northamptonshire WFA wish to thank Julian for stepping-in at the last moment to replace our advertised speaker, especially as it is just two days before his wedding.

Steve Fuller, who was listed to speak on the Bedfordshire Regiment in Operation Michael, has reluctantly been obliged to cancel owing to the pressures of a new job. We hope to re-engage Steve soon and in the meantime will be taking notes from Julian on the best way to deal with unreasonable managers.

Julian's talk is at the Drill Hall, Clare Street, Northampton at 7.30pm this Thursday 13th March.

All welcome!

I'm starting to think Mr Fuller is avoiding me! :o

Is Julian coming over for the ritual poisoning delicious meal?

Steve.

P.S. Two pounds of overripe tomatoes are now available for purchase....

Yes Steve. He'll park by the Jolly Crispin, and we'll walk back into town. See you at the Moon 5.45 / 6pm?

Ok, I'll join the party there!

Steve.

I have HQ bods in my store Thursday so may not be able to make the poisoning but will try, if not will meet all at the Drill hall, obviously trying to avoid Steve all night! I hadn't realised Steve had noticed that people try to avoid him!

regards

Arm