Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Trying to find Grandad's whereabouts 1919

TonyR

Hi all, I have Grandad's 'Conduct Sheet' which has him in looks like Pruis / Preis / Prein? Heath with ‘H’ company 3rd Lancs Fusiliers on 22/2/19, where he goes ‘Absent from Duty’.

Does anyone have any idea where this Pruis / Preis / Prein? Heath might be? All ideas & suggestions welcomed. Sorry no prize though. Thanks, TonyR.

Tony

The "prize" is helping you to your objective !

The 3rd Lancs Fusiliers was a Reserve Battalion which didn't leave the UK during WW1.

If you find the LFs page in the Long Long Trail at top left of this page you will see where it was stationed in the UK over the war period.

There is always a chance that he left the 3rd and was posted overseas, but in another battalion. Your alternatives for the spelling of the Pr--- place smack of Germany,so, was he posted their as Occupation Forces in 1919 ? Or is it merely a place in the UK but you haven't exhausted all the alternative spellings ! ?

Best wishes

Sotonmate

If the Battalion didn't go overseas, there's a Rease Heath in Cheshire. There's a big agricultural college on the site now.

Hope this is of help.

According to my History of the L/Fs the 6th Batt Cadre was demobilized at PREES HEATH SALOP 18-5-1919 Is this the place you are searching for? Ralph.

Thanks all for your suggestions. I've finally managed to upload image & think Prees Heath looks like the winner, what do you think? TonyR.

post-10099-1205177344.png