Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

GWF Non-Com Cases

Terry Denham

So that those interested can see progress, I shall post a monthly update of the number of cases put forward by GWF for commemoration by CWGC each month.

So far this year.....

January 2008 - 9 cases submitted

February 2008 - 13 cases submitted

Terry are any of these connected to the project undertaken/still being undertaking regarding SDGW & GRO or are these seperate?

Will

No. These are just the normal flow from GWF members though quite a few have come as a result of the South Africa War Graves Project.

The first batch of the In From The Cold Project has not hit the system yet and so, when it does shortly, there will be a substantial increase in numbers!

Will

No. These are just the normal flow from GWF members though quite a few have come as a result of the South Africa War Graves Project.

The first batch of the In From The Cold Project has not hit the system yet and so, when it does shortly, there will be a substantial increase in numbers!

Terry

Thanks for the clarification ;)

I should have another 2 local lads next week

Chris

Geoff

what ever you do dont give up the day job :D

chris

I'm currently sitting on 13 and am trying different ways to not have to pay for death certificates ;)

Kevin

The funding would be for the names found by the In From The Cold Project - missing serving men/women. If Derek's names were serving personnel, they should be picked up by the Project. Post-discharge deaths will not.

GWF will be happy to put any member's possible non-coms forward but will not fund death certificates. Members supply the research and we put the case forward. That's the way it works.

Guest KevinEndon

Must have got my wires crossed somewhere, sorry Derek for any confusion, looks like unless the IFTC project finds them then you doing a little more overtime.

I will sponsor the cost of one of the death certs Derek,

Kevin