Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

war memorials and headstones in the UK

stiletto_33853

Hi everyone,

I have seen a lot of requests on the forum for Pictures of Headstones or war memorials in the UK.

There is a web site which is attempting to put all these pictures up including bios on the local men, it is in its infancy at the moment but it is of great interest. At present it is covering only certain counties but is growing and could be of use to people looking for relatives or doing research etc etc.

Have a look, Martin is attempting an awesome project here and i am sure ,if you are willing to give him a hand on your local area he would be very glad of the help.

www. roll-of-honour.com

Also i am new to the Forum, but if people need pics i am more than willing to try and help in the Essex area.

Andrew

What is the difference between

http://www.roll-of-honour.com/

and

http://www.britishwargraves.org.uk/

? I see one links to the other but I am not sure where they stand together or independently?

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Both sites are doing a great job, i think they act independently. The only difference i have been able to see, having used both, is that the roll seems to be attempting to place photographs, where possible, and general bios, detailed where possible using Rolls of Honour, school rolls etc etc.

andrew

A word of caution...............There are a few errors in the Buckinghamshire section of this site, where a number of soldiers have been incorrectly identified. It appears the research has solely used CWGC & SDGW to collate the information & no further cross checking has been done. There are also some transcribing errors.

As the original posting said they are glad of offers of photos. They published some I had taken in Littleport, originally for another Forum member, and the photographer is credited.

Garth

Hi Garth,

Did a bit for this website on littleport from the roll of honour by marquis de ruvigny, theobald i think the mans name was

Andy