Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Please help me I.D. these helmets

Guest Brennotdan

Guest Brennotdan

I found two helmets in my grandmothers attic a few years ago, and I am not sure exactly what they are. One looks like a U.S. doughboy helmet and is pictured below. It appears to have once had a white cross on the top. The liner has 7 1/4 stamped on it. There is a stamp on the brim, "Z/244" and on the other side "20".

The other (not pictured) is, I believe a Luftshultz helmet, but is so discolored that I am not sure if it is original paint. It has a gold appearance to it, but the ensigna with swastica is still in tact. Since my grandmother does not know where they came from, and doesn't want them she told me I could sell them to help pay for college tuition. Could anyone tell me a fair price to ask for them? Neither helmet has its lining. Thank you in advance!

post-31477-1204073035.jpg

post-31477-1204073042.jpg

'Brennotdan'

The helmet that you have shown, is a US manufactured WW.1 'Brodie'.

Seph

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Brennotdan

Anyone else? How much is it worth?

'Brennotdan'

The helmet that you have shown, is a US manufactured WW.1 'Brodie'.

Seph

If I were you I would do a quick browse of well known online auctions and compare - you can see the range of prices they go for there. (us the search term US Helmet in WWI)

Find one that is similar in condition and have a look. It might cover the cost of a cheaper textbook!

Chris

Judging by the condition, I would say around the $40 mark.

Seph

Judging by the condition, I would say around the $40 mark.

Seph

Without a liner? That would be pretty generous I think but....... the answer I suppose is it is "worth" whatever someone is willing to pay!